Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Plasmanite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
Our current setup is a 622 and 722, each connected to a TV. So a total of 2 TVs. I like the nature of this setup, being able to watch live or recorded programming and record programming independently.

Ideally I would like to replicate this setup with 2 Hopper 3s, but it may not be easy to do from what I have read, and seems like something Dish may not be inclined to accommodate. Cost is also a factor.

Will a single Hopper 3/Joey setup have the same independent nature of the current 622/722 setup - being able to watch different live or recorded shows simultaneously on both TVs? How many shows can be simultaneously recorded on both TVs? Is the single Hopper 3/Joey setup actually better than the 622/722 setup?

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners so you can watch or record up to 16 live shows at the same time on as many as 6 TVs with one H3 and 5 Joey's. I am not sure of that limit, you may be able to connect more Joey's. I don't remember if the VIPs have a 250 or 500 GB hard drive but the H3 has 1000 GB hard drive, bigger than both of your VIP DVRs. The H3 is considerably faster and includes a variety of features not available on the VIPs.
Not sure about pricing but it shouldn't be considerably more.
The VIPS will probably be retired soon, forcing a change.

The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners so you can watch or record up to 16 live shows at the same time on as many as 6 TVs with one H3 and 5 Joey's. I am not sure of that limit, you may be able to connect more Joey's. I don't remember if the VIPs have a 250 or 500 GB hard drive but the H3 has 1000 GB hard drive, bigger than both of your VIP DVRs. The H3 is considerably faster and includes a variety of features not available on the VIPs.
Hopper 3 has 2GB hard drive. Edited, Correction 2TB

Reactions: JSheridan
I “downloaded” a few On Demand titles. Only a small chunk was downloaded. It downloads as we watch. Nd pauses. And I have 50 down and 50 up. Bad idea, Dish. Just DL when there’s space. DL at 2.x or 10.x seems to be a limit at your end, not mine.

Yes, a bit OT.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hopper 3 has a 2TB, or 2000 GB Hard Drive

Edit: As usual, spoke too soon

I “downloaded” a few On Demand titles. Only a small chunk was downloaded. It downloads as we watch. Nd pauses. And I have 50 down and 50 up. Bad idea, Dish. Just DL when there’s space. DL at 2.x or 10.x seems to be a limit at your end, not mine.

Yes, a bit OT.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
There is an issue with VOD and Hopper/Slings (Maybe other's too). It's talked about often on the tech portal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts