Hopper and D anywhere questions

menelfloss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
Currently have a 722 and a flakey 722k. Thinking of moving to a Hopper. My bill goes up $2 per month if I switch to one hopper two Joey's. (sound right?)
The support person I spoke with on the phone was not at all knowledgeable about Dish Anywhere.

As I understand it, if I get the Hopper I do not need a add on sling device. Correct?
Also, I get 5 devices to register to my account.

Can I register a tablet that my son owns and is in a different state going to college? Would he be able to watch our local sports broadcasts from there?

Thanks for your replies.
Mike

There two Hoppers out there, Hopper 2K and Hopper w/Sling. The one you want should be obvious.
You can now have multiple users (profiles) with Dish Anywhere, but I have not seen anything about a limit.
Yes, your son can watch "home" TV.

Currently have a 722 and a flakey 722k. Thinking of moving to a Hopper. My bill goes up $2 per month if I switch to one hopper two Joey's. (sound right?)
The support person I spoke with on the phone was not at all knowledgeable about Dish Anywhere.

As I understand it, if I get the Hopper I do not need a add on sling device. Correct?
Also, I get 5 devices to register to my account.

Can I register a tablet that my son owns and is in a different state going to college? Would he be able to watch our local sports broadcasts from there?

Thanks for your replies.
Mike

He sure can, and will love it!(hope he has hdmi output on it, for tv viewing?)....I have had my VIP 922 for years setup at my X's home....Sure saved me from buying any sport packages out here in AZ.

Bigest part is upload on your end for best quality, now my daughter just got out of collage, and there bandwith was so bad, she had lots of problems streaming on her end......

There two Hoppers out there, Hopper 2K and Hopper w/Sling. The one you want should be obvious.
You can now have multiple users (profiles) with Dish Anywhere, but I have not seen anything about a limit.
Yes, your son can watch "home" TV.

The limit is not profiles but devices, it is still a 5 device limit. Also even though you can have multiple profiles you still login wit your main Dash account, which has access to all of your account information.

2 722's would be $17 duo receiver+ $7 DVR service fee=$24

1 HWS and 2 Joeys is $12 DVR service fee plus $7x2($14) for each Joey for 3 TVs=$26. $2 difference. I would recommend making one of those Joeys a super Joey and pay the additional $3 making it a $5 difference. It is very worth it, I promise. Especially with wanting to let your son sling.

The limit is not profiles but devices, it is still a 5 device limit. Also even though you can have multiple profiles you still login wit your main Dash account, which has access to all of your account information.
So it's limited to 5 devices TOTAL, not per user, correct?

Oh, and the hopper has OTA antenna input and OTA stations selectable from the channel menu?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)