MeTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I came across this on my Dish Network news feed on Google - http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/s3866173.shtml

MeTV is being offered to the Duluth market on Dish Network. As I read through the article, it sounds like MeTV is only available as a subchannel in Duluth - is that right? So Dish is carrying a subchnanel for this market? If so, that really surprises me.

I think most of the MeTV subchannels are being carried by Dish. I get mine here in Jacksonville.

I only get MeTV on my dish receiver because I have an antenna hooked up to it.
AFAIK MeTV is OTA only in both Cincinnati and Dayton
Not one sub channel is being carried by dish in the Cinti market, not even the CW which is 720p HD

Thanks for the information. I didn't know any other Me TV subchannels were covered by Dish. Here in Chicago, MeTV is 26.3, but also on 23.1, so I thought the reason we got it was because it was the main 23 channel (which is the channel it is on via Dish)

I think most of the MeTV subchannels are being carried by Dish. I get mine here in Jacksonville.

Really? When did Dish start carrying subchannels anywhere? They don't carry any of the subchannels of the Charlotte locals...I have to get all those via OTA.

MeTV is still strictly OTA. However, if MeTV is a MAIN channel as part of the DMA, that is how people can get MeTV via satellite. Now, the local station that also has sub-channels might have a deal where Dish uplinks one or more sub-channels if that is the agreement, but that is pretty rare.

FWIW, in Los Angeles DMA, MeTV is OTA at KDOC 56.3. However, that channel is not provided by Dish. Instead we do get KVME, channel 20 from Bishop, and that channel is a MeTV affiliate on the MAIN channel, and that is how the LA DMA gets MeTV via satellite, not from 56.3.

I only get MeTV on my dish receiver because I have an antenna hooked up to it.
AFAIK MeTV is OTA only in both Cincinnati and Dayton
Not one sub channel is being carried by dish in the Cinti market, not even the CW which is 720p HD
Same here. In Beaumont, Texas dma we don't get any sub channels ,like Metv or Cozi tv on the satellite. Bothers me that the CW in HD which is a sub channel of our CBS station isn't carried either.

Dish doesn't do Sub channels here in the DFW TV market ether. now of days, i don't have to worry as i have a antenna hooked up on 2 of the 4 TV in my home, and that's living room and my room. i get almost every DFW channel perfectly most of the time (KFWD seems to be the weakest reception in my area, which is rural Campbell, just a couple miles west of Campbell City limits, a few miles south of Commerce, and a few miles east of Greenville, which are all in Hunt Count, which is consider a fringe area in the northeast part of the DFW TV market). and sometimes i can get KTEN and KXII (and it's Paris/Lamar County translator KXIP) out of the Sherman/Denison, TX-Ardmore/Ada, OK market and KLTV out of the Tyler/Longerview, TV market (which this one is a rarely comes in at all station in my area as i live too far away from the TV tower in East TX). needless to say, i got a pretty good outside TV antenna that's getting used these days. and this will come in handy for the next severe thunderstorm outbreak as every time a storm hits, your satellite signal dies until the storm is gone.

Little Rock has Metv on the satellite for their dma ,but the picture quality isn't that good. It looks really compressed compared to the ota channel.

I came across this on my Dish Network news feed on Google - http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/s3866173.shtml

MeTV is being offered to the Duluth market on Dish Network. As I read through the article, it sounds like MeTV is only available as a subchannel in Duluth - is that right? So Dish is carrying a subchnanel for this market? If so, that really surprises me.
I get Me-Tv ota in Hattiesburg-Laurel MS Market. I just wished we could get guide data. Come on dish, how hard could it be!

I get MeTV via a local sub channel which is OK except that local channel has a habit of pre-empting some MeTV programming for either local programming or other stuff, annoying. I think the only solution would be for MeTV to be carried nationally by Dish, but it seems considering their half assed arrangement with CoziTV, the chances of MeTV showing up on anywhere the Dish lineup are virtually non-existent.
At least for my location, Dish does provide the MeTV guide data, so that's something.

comcast and dish have me tv locally in pittsburgh. a high school buddy has dish and mentioned he has me tv.

me tv is awesome

Dish actually carries ALL the subchannels in the market (except for PBS ones)
KDLH-DT2 which is CW
KBJR-DT2 which is My network
and now WDIO-DT2 (MeTV)
Thats all the subchannels in the market.

Them carrying WDIO-DT2 may have some merit to it. The Minnesota state high school championships are carried on MeTV in Duluth, except for boys hockey. Thats carried on the main station. So football, boys and girls b-ball and girls hockey is carried on it.

This is odd as dish usually doesnt carry subchannels unless its a Big 4. I've seen a few MeTV affiliates carried as subchannels but they usually are CW or My affiliates too

There may be another reason..... Satellite usage is high in the market, which stretches from the Canadian border to the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, because its large geographic size prohibits over-the-air reception in many areas.

Here, MeTV is a subchannel of FOX. The Main 30.1 FOX channel is carried on Dish as channel 30, and the MeTV 30.2 channel is on 32.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)