MeTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They probably carry MeTv in specific areas because the main channel insisted it be a part of the agreement for Dish to carry the main network channel. An all or none deal.

Reactions: dare2be
I think it would be great if DISH or DTV carried it but I suspect that the local affiliates who bought exclusivity in their markets would have a different opinion.

Reactions: Mr Tony
What good is it for Dish to carry all sub-channels, if they continue to REFUSE to add guide data for those channels?

They'll never agree to add all sub-channels, because they think it doesn't make them any money to do so, and it probably costs more to setup all the guide data feeds.
If they are on the satellite they have guide data. I'm sure that is something in the contract for carrying the channel on satellite locals.

What good is it for Dish to carry all sub-channels, if they continue to REFUSE to add guide data for those channels?

They'll never agree to add all sub-channels, because they think it doesn't make them any money to do so, and it probably costs more to setup all the guide data feeds.
Don't you think Dish would add the guide data for those channels if Dish was actually carrying those channels? Okay, so there are some cases where Dish carries a local channel without mapping the guide data to the OTA version, but at least the satellite-delivered feeds should have guide data.

Okay, so there are some cases where Dish carries a local channel without mapping the guide data to the OTA version, but at least the satellite-delivered feeds should have guide data.
Who, what and where?

Don't you think Dish would add the guide data for those channels if Dish was actually carrying those channels? Okay, so there are some cases where Dish carries a local channel without mapping the guide data to the OTA version, but at least the satellite-delivered feeds should have guide data.
Who, what and where?
I will defer to Iceberg to provide more examples, since he seems to be an expert in this area. However, one example I can think of is WMFD Mansfield, OH (Cleveland, OH local package) which Dish carries on channel 012-00. The OTA feed maps to 068-01 since WMFD used to broadcast in analog on channel 68. Dish provides guide data for the satellite-delivered 012-00, but there is no guide data on 068-01. According to James Long's local channel list, Dish is providing OTA guide data for WMFD on 012-01, but the link to the OTA channel in the guide must be broken, since I do not get the guide data on 012-01 or 068-01. This is a shame since Dish only carries WMFD in standard-def, so I have to use the OTA feed, without guide data, to watch WMFD in HD.

Okay, so there are some cases where Dish carries a local channel without mapping the guide data to the OTA version, but at least the satellite-delivered feeds should have guide data.

Who, what and where?

I've posted them before but Lima, OH is the best example of all. Dish carries all 4 networks and yet NONE have OTA guide data. Actually I found my post with some examples

Best example of "getting screwed" is Lima, OH. Dish carries all 4 nets on satellite but has guide info for NONE of them. Now I get it. If you have locals via sat why need guide info for OTA? 2 reasons I can think of. You're in a different market (say Dayton) and can get Lima too or if you can use the OTA tuner and free up a sat tuner (for those without Hoppers)

What gets me is when a market adds a network and Dish puts it on locals, why not add it to OTA? Some examples
Jonesboro, AR in the last 6 months got a local NBC (KAIT2) and FOX (KJNB). Dish carries both on satellite but no guide info for OTA
Jackson, TN has all 4 nets yet DIsh only provides guide info for ABC and FOX (CBS is on a sub and NBC was added late last year)
North Platte, NE. FOX on subchannel. Carried in locals, no OTA guide

Since then Jonesboro now has a CBS too....no OTA info

I get the following sub channels via OTA from another DMA: MeTv, AntennaTv, Grit, Bounce. Dish provides guide data for MeTv and AntennaTv, but not for the other two. I suppose I should be thankful for the guide data I receive.

I get the following sub channels via OTA from another DMA: MeTv, AntennaTv, Grit, Bounce. Dish provides guide data for MeTv and AntennaTv, but not for the other two. I suppose I should be thankful for the guide data I receive.
Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)