Hopper and HBO-GO

TomT127

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
Sugar Land, TX
Has anyone heard if there are any future plans to include the HBO-GO app on the hopper? I am currently accessing it through my Amazon Fire Stick.

Again, I'm looking to get caught up with old HBO series like True Detective and Game of Thrones. HBO GO streams all the past series.

To answer the original question, there are likely zero plans not to add it, and probably not going to be.

Again, I'm looking to get caught up with old HBO series like True Detective and Game of Thrones. HBO GO streams all the past series.
And, again, if you will go into DishOnDemand and go down to the HBO tile, you can stream ALL of the HBO shows that are on HBOGO. There is no need for the HBOGO app it is integrated into On Demand. As a matter of fact, just search for the show you want, and it will show up in the results as On Demand.

Maybe the OP doesn't understand what On demand has for HBO? (Not criticism, an observation)

Thinking about it, HBOGO using the Fire Stick as the OP does now, or Roku (both that I have) is an excellent way to watch. Why does it have to on a DISH receiver?

That is one of the hints I was thinking. They do have different offerings but if wanted all the content from hbogo I would recommend one of the approved devices(I don't use any so I will just go with what Tampa said)

And, again, if you will go into DishOnDemand and go down to the HBO tile, you can stream ALL of the HBO shows that are on HBOGO. There is no need for the HBOGO app it is integrated into On Demand. As a matter of fact, just search for the show you want, and it will show up in the results as On Demand.
Ahh. Now I see. I did not know to go to Dish on Demand. I just started receiving HBO and also upgraded to the hopper so everything is new to me. Thank you for explaining it to me.

Thinking about it, HBOGO using the Fire Stick as the OP does now, or Roku (both that I have) is an excellent way to watch. Why does it have to on a DISH receiver?
Streaming through wifi is not near as smooth as direct ethernet hook-up like I have on my hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts