Hopper and Joey Wall Mounted

rickaren

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2004
IN
Hopper and Joey Wall Mounted

Nothing here earth shattering but maybe informative to newer members.
Being so impressed with the new Hopper and Joey system I wall mounted a Hopper in our master bedroom where previously there had not been a DVR; I bought a new 32 inch 16X9 1080P Samsung LED set for the kitchen and moved that prior set to my home office, for wall mounting including a Joey.
Pictures below help show these installs:

Mount-It! Wall Mounting Bracket Single Shelf for DVD or Other A/V Components (Black) AMAZON

VideoSecu LCD LED TV Wall Mount Full Motion with Swivel Articulating Arm for 23-37 in, up to 42 in TV Monitor Flat Panel Screen With VESA 200 100, 20 in extension and Post-installation Leveling System M84 AMAZON

OmniMount Tria 1 B - 1 Shelf Wall Furniture (Black/Dark Glass) AMAZON

I installed an electrical wall receptacle box to power the wall mounted TV behind it, for appearances. Also I had always installed electrical boxes with connecting cover plates for coax or audio cables in the past, but ran across these low voltage cable cover plates with mounting brackets. They are inexpensive and work great when you want to fish cables up or down a wall between studs, when mounting a TV or DVR on a wall. They even come in different colors.

Arlington LV1-1CS Single Gang Low Voltage Mounting Bracket Device AMAZON

DataComm 45-0001-WH 1-Gang Recessed Low Voltage Cable Plate (White) AMAZON

All-in-all prices for mounting a TV and a Hopper or Joey on a wall are really much lower than in the past and in my install each item cost less than thirty dollars!

Cabling Extremist?

Well maybe not to some here, but after this new install and being so pleased with the results I decided to upgrade nearly all previous coax cables to shorter lengths and where needed with 90 degree adapters. This involved all five sets. Even cables installed with the Hopper and Joeys just two weeks ago were replaced, with some coax only one and a half feet in length. Same went for HDMI and had to purchase a HDMI 90-degree adapter Vertical flat left for the new kitchen TV that had the HDMI mounted on the side? Some of the HDMI cables were reduced to only 3 feet in length. Even the RCA cables used on two Joeys were replaced to only 3 feet too. Not knowing how these were going to be mounted in the end I guess, one RCA set for a Joey was 6 feet and the other was 8 feet.

Not sure any of these changes will increase any quality of picture, but at least cable management is now terrific at very reasonable pricing and I may be the only one to know. (unless you read this post) HA HA

Looks good. I personally would have mounted the Joey on the back of the TV or on the wall out of view, but looks great non the less. Did you use the low voltage cut in box on the electrical??!!?? I see you used it on the coax which is fine, but you really don't want to use it on the electrical. If you did, they make cut in boxes for high voltage, I would highly recommend changing that ASAP.

If you did use a high voltage cut in, then ignore my previous statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)