Line of Sight Service Call??

milequatro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
MA
Hi everyone,

I am currently buiding a new home and know that I have some additional trees (4-5) on my lot that most likely need to come down. My question is, would DISH tech come out to do a line of sight survey? And will they charge me for it? I need clear access to Eastern Arc 61.5, 72 and 77 (which I am pretty sure I can get my removing 1 tree) and also 118 (probably the more problematic for me) for Internationals. I used an IPhone app for line of sight, but I am not sure how accurate it is.

Thanks for any input

I would contact a local retailer or installer & have them check your los. Might be more hassle with dish than it's worth. I wouldn't pay more than $50 on the high side for someone to tell me what needs to go regarding trees. Also the dishpointer app is fairly accurate. You could go by it as well & feel reasonably safe. Worst case scenario when your ready for install is to possibly remove another tree that was overlooked. Good luck.

I would contact a local retailer or installer & have them check your los. Might be more hassle with dish than it's worth. I wouldn't pay more than $50 on the high side for someone to tell me what needs to go regarding trees. Also the dishpointer app is fairly accurate. You could go by it as well & feel reasonably safe. Worst case scenario when your ready for install is to possibly remove another tree that was overlooked. Good luck.

Thank you for the input. The dish pointer app seems to indicate that I will be good with Eastern Arc by removing one tree. of course I was also at ground level so I will still get extra height once it gets put on the house. My biggest concern I guess will be 118 as I really need that dish to get my international programming which I watch a lot of. I really wish Dish had just kept everything together on one! Good thing I have lots of folks in town I know will cut my trees for free (for firewood)!!

Your location is MA? I would seriously consider being able to access the dish for snow removal while deciding a possible location for the mount.

Also going up doesn't help as much as going back away from what you're trying to look over.

It would be nice to have a 1 dish solution for EA with international..........maybe someday. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)