Hopper / iPad transfer - Suggestions process indicator

remotetveic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Hopper w/ Sling - software S303 NDED 2/10/13

Status Bar update on Hopper

Once I select - 'Prepare for Mobile' on my HWS - is there a status bar located within the Hopper menu that indicates any status that it is in the conversion process? I understand that it is a 1:1 process so that an hour show would take a hour to prepare for the iPad. All that I see is that the Prepare for Mobile indicates a gray screen. I have successfully transferred 2 shows already.

The only way that I've been able to see any progress of whats happening is - on the iPad - select My Recording, set the show I've Prepared (previously on the Hopper), select the Transfer button, and then select My Transfers, and it will then show that it is Preparing on the Hopper. If I then go back

Would there be a way to mark your recordings or setup preferences so that shows are automatically marked as the Prepare for Mobile? Then as show is being recorded - it is also ready to be transferred to the iPad. Then the wife can watch at home and I can download it and watch it while traveling. Speeding up the process.

So fare we are extremely happy with the Hopper and 3 Joey setup that we have.

when you press the select button on the guide it give you the option to prepare for mobile, or when setting up timers it also gives you the option to prepare for mobile check box. I don't think it prepares it on the fly and is ready to transfer immediately after the show is done recording, but I'm not sure what the time frame is.

WARNING - update of some locals to HD affects timers

Line of Sight Service Call??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts