Hopper and multiple ehd question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
Ill be swapping out my 722 and 211 for a hopper and 2 joeys. I have an ehd attached to both. I know can use the one connected to the 722 with the hopper.

Heres my issue. The ehd is almost full, so the shows on my 722 need to be transfered to the hopper somehow. Can i move everything on the 722 to the ehd thats connected to the 211 (i know it will format it and ill lose everything currently on it, im fine with that) and then transfer that to the hopper's hd? Then connect my other ehd (the one thats on the 722) to it? So i would use 1 ehd to transfer shows to the hoppers hd, and the other one would act like a true ehd. Will that work? Any easier options?

You can reformat that HD on your 211 just fine and move your stuff from the 722 to it. You really don't need move stuff off of the EHDs to the Hopper at all. You can play the content directly off of the EHDs... You can actually plug both EHDs into the Hopper at the same time.

You can reformat that HD on your 211 just fine and move your stuff from the 722 to it. You really don't need move stuff off of the EHDs to the Hopper at all. You can play the content directly off of the EHDs... You can actually plug both EHDs into the Hopper at the same time.

Can can use both ehd at the same time? Seperate usb, or would i need a switch?

1. You can use in or out on any of the 3 USB connectors on the Hopper, up to at least 2 at a time.
2. You cannot copy from one USB to another except by copying first to the Hopper.
3. The first EHD loaded get the number 1 from any of the 3 ports or USB multiplexor.
4. The second loaded gets 2 and they retain their number until you remove the drive, reboot, or all disconnect.
5. Reboot time may be substantially extended like an hour for a big USB if it is powered and connected.
6. You can pull power or USB while it reboots to allow it to skip that fsck. Preferably before and never while active.
7. You can use a 4-way or more? multiplexor even unpowered for additional drives up to 3 active, 2 transferring.
8. Become friendly with Menu+EHD+From+To+Next+selection for input/output.
9. Know that PTAT recordings not timed out will not appear in that choice. For safety, protect before time out.
10. Become friendly with DVR+right from My Recordings+External Device 1 or 2 to play, edit, or delete.
11. You can list, delete, and edit recordings while a viewing is paused. During a transfer I think not.
12. The 722 protected all sent to the EHD. They are not so marked on the Hopper, re-mark as desired.
These are personal observations. I'm sure corrections will come.

-Ken

It would be wise not to transfers programs on EHD back to Hopper. There have been several reports of recordings that will not playback, usually those that were recorded on a channel that is not presently subscribed to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)