Hopper and Resuming Payback

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
We just upgraded to Hopper and 1 Joey. We used to have 722. I am used to being able to watch a recorded program and pick it up latter and have the option to resume. Resume does not show up with my Hopper.

It works for me if the recording is finished. I definitely did have the problem you are talking about if I started watching a show while it was still recording and then tried to resume it later. The hopper/joey system only gave me an option to start from the beginning. I'm not sure if that has since been fixed or if that is even the problem you are talking about. Resuming from programs that have finished recording has never been a problem for me.

Pressing play will resume where you left off for a recorded program. Pressing select will sow a resume option. For a live program being recorded you can't resume.

For a live program being recorded you can't resume.
Another lost feature going from ViP to Hopper. You could resume a program being recorded on a dual-tuner ViP if you went into the DVR menu from the other tuner that wasn't doing the recording.

This is very annoying to me.... probably the biggest annoyance with the hopper. Esp for sporting events where you record 3 or 4 hours and with the olympics coming up it will be annoying there as well.

Really needs to be fixed in a software update.

Pressing play will resume where you left off for a recorded program.
I would get confused if I didn't get the "resume" prompt, but I never press "Play" to watch a recording. My thumb is already on or near the "Select" button as you are most likely using the 4-way arrows to navigate around the menus....

Another lost feature going from ViP to Hopper. You could resume a program being recorded on a dual-tuner ViP if you went into the DVR menu from the other tuner that wasn't doing the recording.
I don't know much code Dish may re-use between models, but it's safe to say that this part didn't get re-used. It's almost as if it's an option that they don't realize they took away.... or that people use that often.

I don't know much code Dish may re-use between models, but it's safe to say that this part didn't get re-used. It's almost as if it's an option that they don't realize they took away.... or that people use that often.
I think that part of the issue is that on the ViPs, the tuner is basically tied to the outlet (ie. tuner1 to TV1, tuner2 to TV2)...with the hopper, any tuner is available in roundabout fashion to any Hopper/Joey outlet. So, perhaps the "resume on other tuner/outlet" means nothing now with the Hopper.

Ahhh, yes, that probably does throw a kink in it. There are other illogical things with the H/J system when it comes to resuming, etc, etc too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is very annoying to me.... probably the biggest annoyance with the hopper. Esp for sporting events where you record 3 or 4 hours and with the olympics coming up it will be annoying there as well.

Yup, I spent part of Christmas Day trying to explain this to my mother-in-law. I'm still not sure that she understands what is the difference, but then again, neither do I.

This in now working correctly for me with the latest Hooper w/Sling update. Great to get this standard feature back.

-Mike

This is a huge annoyance to me since I joined Dish in 2007. Every other provider's DVRs can stop a live broadcast being recorded and can come back to it later and resume where you left off. I wish Dish would fix this issue.

This is a huge annoyance to me since I joined Dish in 2007. Every other provider's DVRs can stop a live broadcast being recorded and can come back to it later and resume where you left off. I wish Dish would fix this issue.
Are you saying you can't do it on dual-tuner ViPs? You would be wrong.

Are you saying you can't do it on dual-tuner ViPs? You would be wrong.

I had two VIP722s and two 722ks and none of them you could not resume a live program being recorded where you left off after the program was finished recording. You would have to start over. I did not try going into menu of the other tuner and working it that way. Both my dual tuners were usually busy recording at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts