Hopper and Tailgater

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

j6harri

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2004
Rogers, AR
I am interested in upgrading to a 2 Hopper 2 Joey System. I current have a 722k and 3 211k and a tailgater. The tailgater I only use from Aug-Nov for college football season. I understand I have to have an additional account for the 211k. I am curious what my best options are for that account. I asked on the dish chat about putting that account into a hold for the months I don't use it. They indicated that Dish Pause allows you to do that but only for 6 months at a time and only 1 time in a rolling 12 month period. I wonder if anyone else knows of a good option for me. I really wish they would let folks with a tailgater have 1 211k on their Hopper / Joey account. I understand the are trying to prevent account stacking but if you can prove you have a tailgater, then you should be allowed a 211k on the same account.

If you own the 211K, then Subscribe to the Pay-As-You-Go plane where you only have to pay for the time you use the service. It is a second subscription but it is a lot less when you only pay for the days you are camping.

The Tailgater needs 211K software to operate. No other receiver has that function.

j6harri said:
.....I really wish they would let folks with a tailgater have 1 211k on their Hopper / Joey account. I understand the are trying to prevent account stacking but if you can prove you have a tailgater, then you should be allowed a 211k on the same account.

AMEN, BROTHER!

This is an obvious smart thing to do. MAYBE Dish will come around. Until then, certainly the pay as you go idea is a winner. H/J at home, and an owned ViP211 series with Tailgater antenna for the road.

If you own the 211K, then Subscribe to the Pay-As-You-Go plane where you only have to pay for the time you use the service. It is a second subscription but it is a lot less when you only pay for the days you are camping.

Can someone explain this "pay as you go" plan? On Dish's site, it doesn't really say much, other than "you pay only for the months you use. When the season is over, simply stop your service without penalty". How is this different than a regular, non-contract account? I'd be more interested in paying by the week rather than month - I only tailgate 6 or 7 times during football season (during home games here).

You buy and own the equipment in pay as you go. I am out of contract with leased equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)