hopper and UPS

manteca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
at last my hopper is en route to my house, hope that will arrive on friday or monday. can the hopper be used with an UPS? i got an APC XS 1500, is there will be any problem to use the hopper with the battery back-up outlets? i'm asking because my 922 states that i need to connect it to a wall outlet directly. thanks for your feedback!

I ha my 722 plugged into a UPS. When I got my Hopper I plugged it in to the UPS. I have had no issues. If I have a power outage, the timers still record.

I ha my 722 plugged into a UPS. When I got my Hopper I plugged it in to the UPS. I have had no issues. If I have a power outage, the timers still record.

Same here. UPS no problem. Power flicked tonight and I was still watching TV....

My hopper is on a UPS as was the VIP722 before that and the 622 before that.

I recall the 722 having a built in Power Line feature that needed to be plugged directly into a wall outlet before it would work so maybe your 922 had the same feature.

My hopper is on a UPS as was the VIP722 before that and the 622 before that.

I recall the 722 having a built in Power Line feature that needed to be plugged directly into a wall outlet before it would work so maybe your 922 had the same feature.

The Power Line feature you refer to is actually called Home Plug and it was built into all the VIP receivers. With a Homeplug ethernet adapter, one can connect your VIP receiver to your router with this setup for internet access but using a UPS would prevent this from working. My experience with a Home Plug connection is that it is slow. All the discussion regarding hopper has either using a hardwired ethernet cable, a wireless adapter or the HIC device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts