Hopper Announcements

I am astounded at how high an opinion some people have - of their own opinion.

How can any of us be absolutely certain that our own opinion is infallible, and the decisions made by people at a billion dollar corporation, built up from the back end of a pickup truck, people highly experienced and with far greater knowledge of the market and product than us, are wrong?

Can you say Bank of America and their $5.00 debit card fee? How about Netflix and their 60% price hike for dvd and streaming service? That should be all the evidence you need to show that a billion dollar corporation, can and DO make stupid decisions all the time and they are punished for it by the very people that they depend on, to keep that corporation in business. The power of the customer is a very great thing when it is focused and galvanized by the reckless decisions that some companies make, without regard to their customer's "high opinions", as you put it.

What does "hybrid to WA install at the FL property" mean ?

Prior to EA, many FL installs were hybrids, a D500 for 110 and 119 and a second D500 for 61.5, as many Florida HD locals were on 61.5. When they did the EA shuffle a while back and moved some HD to 72.7, some HD programming would be lost with this type of install, so everyone needed a pure arc install. At the same time they redesignated several Florida markets as WA from EA. This was easy to do as these markets also had HD locals on 129 after it was put into orbit. My DMA was one of them and so they came out and moved me to WA with a 1000.2. Cost me $15 with the Plan. Like I said previously, they did it for free for others.

Since I get 3 Joey's for free, can I have them at my house but not active?
Can I avoid the $4 MRV fee if I only have a Hopper but no Joeys?

Guaranteed, or no money back.

Miner
if you buy the three joeys for $99, i bet you can do what you please in terms of activation/inactivation.

If they are leased, then the $7 per month additional outlet fees apply.

The $4 whole home fee is applied even for the first hopper. It really should be labeled the "First hopper fee" as that would be far more accurate.

Cost me $15 with the Plan. Like I said previously, they did it for free for others.
If Dish shuffles things around, there should be no charge to "fix" it. For example, if my locals moved to Eastern Arc (I currently have 110/119/129), Dish will replace my dish FOR FREE. Unless you asked them to do it before it was your turn. I've seen that happen to people - they call in and ask to have the work done, so Dish has to charge for the work because it's a customer request. If the person waited until Dish's system assigned the switch-around, it would be free.

If Dish shuffles things around, there should be no charge to "fix" it. For example, if my locals moved to Eastern Arc (I currently have 110/119/129), Dish will replace my dish FOR FREE. Unless you asked them to do it before it was your turn. I've seen that happen to people - they call in and ask to have the work done, so Dish has to charge for the work because it's a customer request. If the person waited until Dish's system assigned the switch-around, it would be free.

Shouldn't seems correct but that isn't always what happens. They did them in advance by calling and sending postcards. I was back in Illinois when I received the postcard and calls and couldn't be at the Florida house for the install, which was a requirement. The card and call said it was at no cost. The CSR said they would note my account that it should be free and that they would do the changeover when I returned in a few months. Well, when I returned, they told me there was no note on the account. I argued, but got nowhere. I think one of the DIRT guys handled it last year. Others have had similar experiences when locals were added to their DMAs. Some got free installs for wing dishes, some had to pay. Shrug. Life is too short to get too worked up about it. Dish used to be a different and much better company and bent over backwards for its subs. Some of us remember that company fondly. As a 13-year sub, I've never received a free receiver from Dish. I'd have to quit and come back, I guess. :)

I'm not sure if im understanding correctly, sorry if I sound stupid, but confused by if you have the 200 or higher its free and the $100 for existing customers. So in other words its free for new customers?

For example, I have Dish Latino max. Say I have 3 tvs, and I wanted a hopper and joey, and 2nd hopper. How much would it cost me? Currently I have 3 722k's in the house. I assume the monthly fees would be cheaper with 2 hoppers and a joey?

I'm not sure if im understanding correctly, sorry if I sound stupid, but confused by if you have the 200 or higher its free and the $100 for existing customers. So in other words its free for new customers?

That's it.

I can see a lot of folks trying to make themselves "new" customers again. Dish's csr's & audit people will have their work cut out for them by the time this gets released.

It looks like those of us who just have a 722k feeding one HDTV and one SD tv, get hit hard as now you have to have another monthly fee to use the second SD tv. Bummer, its only used once in a while for guests.

guess i will ave to see the rest of the details. to bad you can't use one of the tuners on the hopper to fee a SD tv like you can on the 722K. Seems like a step back in a way..

any word on PQ out of these thing yet for the HDTV feed?

It looks like those of us who just have a 722k feeding one HDTV and one SD tv, get hit hard as now you have to have another monthly fee to use the second SD tv.
No you dont "have to" just keep your setup as you have it now and you don't "have to" pay more.

You only "have to" pay more if you really want to upgrade, but no one is forcing anyone to upgrade.

No you dont "have to" just keep your setup as you have it now and you don't "have to" pay more.

You only "have to" pay more if you really want to upgrade, but no one is forcing anyone to upgrade.

Scott, if I got a penny every time.....I'd be retiring to FL next week. :D

glad you guys are having fun at my expense, but I didn't say I "have to use it"

I meant if you want to upgrade to the new system to get the nice new features for you main HDTV, you "have to" use two units now, while before you didn't "have to", one unit would work for two tvs, and hence one unit fee

It looks like those of us who just have a 722k feeding one HDTV and one SD tv, get hit hard as now you have to have another monthly fee to use the second SD tv. Bummer, its only used once in a while for guests.

guess i will ave to see the rest of the details. to bad you can't use one of the tuners on the hopper to fee a SD tv like you can on the 722K. Seems like a step back in a way..

I agree.
Other wise I say Dish should kiss us first. :eek:

Dish is getting as bad as my local cable company with equipment fees.

nobody is forcing us to stay with Dish either, which is why people are posting their feedback on the fees and the issues with the lack of TV2 distribution.

Dish can read the feedback and choose to adjust or ignore it, but they won't do either if we don't voice our feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts