Hopper Audio Probs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xfoneguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Duvall, WA
I thought I had seen a similar problem here somewhere but now I can't find it .... We do most of our TV viewing on the master bedroom Hopper. Literally every night, we will try to watch something from the family room Hopper and will get no sound. I have tried playing with the audio settings. Tried connecting my sound to a home theater system ...... nothing works for sure other than rebooting the Hopper I am watching in the master bedroom.

Another oddity I have been noticing lately: from my master BR Hopper, I try to watch something from the family room - no sound. So I switch back to live TV in the Master BR. Now I have sound from the Master, but the video is still coming from the Family Room!

I have had both Hoppers replaced for other unrelated issues - I really dont think that is the problem. On the other hand, I dont know what is.

As I said, the only sure-thing solution is to do the red-button reset in the Master BR (resetting the Family Room doesn't work).

ANY ideas would certainly be appreciated as this has become a very annoying issue.

This won't fix the problem for good, but for me it is a lot easier than rebooting the Hopper. What I've found is that if you switch to a non-HD channel, the audio will come back...then I can return to whatever I was watching. I always switch to ESPNU when this happens and it fixes the problem.
But seriously Dish, we shouldn't HAVE to do this!

There is definitely a problem with the audio when switching between HD and SD channels. I also lose the sound and it takes a video switch (HDMI handshake) on my receiver to get it back.

xphoneguy,
Has the HD-SD work around, worked for you?

My problem is with watching recorded programs on the other Hopper, so I can't really change channels. And then, when I try to go back to watching the Hopper in front of me, I get the audio from that Hopper, but the video from the OTHER Hopper remains on the screen!! Seems to be no way out, other than the red button - until next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts