Losing Fox channel from guide.

dlwilkes45

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2007
North Carolina
I am having a problem when I create a separate list for our watched channels in the guide. The problem is only with the Fox channel 50. The strange thing is all is usually well in the morning, with Fox 50 being in the guide list, but in the afternoon it seems to disappear. When I go back into the "edit list" that channel is not checked. I check it, save it and exit, press the guide button and the channel doesn't show in the list. Return to the "edit list" and the channel is not checked. Anybody have a possible explanation why? The channel is always present in the normal "My channels.

You don't say what receiver. If a VIP (722, 612 etc...) unplug the receiver, wait about 30 seconds and plug it back in. It may just need a reset. Go back in and check the channel if it isn't.
If that does not work, delete the channel, again reset the receiver, when receiver is back up and running put the channel back in.

Assuming you have a Hopper, this is a known bug, which affects me as well from time to time with my Fox stations...sometimes I lose the Sat channel, sometimes the OTA.

My bad, Tampa8. The problem is on a Hopper and I had already tried your suggestions to no avail. Thanks anyway.
KAB, relieved to know it's a known issue. Hope it gets resolve cause it sure do p--s my wife off when she wants to check her schedule. Thanks again for the replies.

It's also not a Fox thing but the highest numbered local channel. My NBC station is 51 and it disappears from the guide on my Hopper occasionally.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)