Hopper Channel Bar no longer saying HD in right corner

ATLDennis

Original poster
May 20, 2015
atlanta
If I am in the guide and find a channel that is in HD (displayed in left column next to channel number) and then select that, the tuner changes to that channel and the channel info bar is briefly displayed at the top and then goes away. That bar used to show HD in big letters in the far right corner superimposed under the channel number, time, & date in lightly colored font, almost opaque or white. I no longer see that on the HD channels in that bar. Pressing the cancel button on the remote will also bring up that bar and again no HD shown on top right.

Where did it go?

I don't recall noticing that feature on the Hopper, though I do know it was on the 722 line. I will send this to our operations team to see what they can do. Can you send me a PM with the account or phone #?

I don't really need anyone to look at the account. Just wondering what happened to the display. I would swear that it was there but I really can't remember the last time I saw it...so I'm not sure when it went away. I've had the Hopper for about two years now and would almost bet it was there until recently.

I don't really need anyone to look at the account. Just wondering what happened to the display. I would swear that it was there but I really can't remember the last time I saw it...so I'm not sure when it went away. I've had the Hopper for about two years now and would almost bet it was there until recently.

Anyone seeing this on their Hopper?

I see the channel logo followed by HD on some channels. If the logo is followed by HD in the guide it appears in the banner.

I see the channel logo followed by HD on some channels. If the logo is followed by HD in the guide it appears in the banner.

That's exactly my question. My Hopper no longer shows in the banner "HD" when it is on an HD channel. You are using a Hopper, correct? What is your software version if I may ask? If you hit menu twice it will display along with the last date it updated. Thanks so much.

And to be clear about where you see it in the banner - Far right corner superimposed under channel, time, date. Not on the left by channel name/logo?

S520. If the guide shows the channel logo followed by HD it appears in the banner. Not all channel logos in the guide are followed by HD. For example ABC HD appears in the guide and the banner. CBS does not have HD following the logo and it doesn't say HD in the banner.

Not in all cases. For example: CNN HD channel. My banner now shows CNN on left with logo. Far right of banner shows number, time, date. Nothing about it being HD at all in the banner.

Some channels, particularly local channels have the "hd" in the name. ABC HD channel shows in the banner as ABC hd & logo on the left with the channel number, date, time on the right. Again, missing the superimposed HD that used to be there.

S520. If the guide shows the channel logo followed by HD it appears in the banner. Not all channel logos in the guide are followed by HD. For example ABC HD appears in the guide and the banner. CBS does not have HD following the logo and it doesn't say HD in the banner.

Sorry I posted while you were posting this. You've confirmed what I see.

I see the CBS with the EYE logo and then HD in faint letters in the guide. The channels that show HD in the banner all have HD immediately to the right of the logo.
For the HD to appear in the banner it has to be just to the right of the logo.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)