Hopper disrupting HDMI communication?

I am also having this problem. I have a 60 inch Samsung Smart TV and a Samsung Home Theater System connected by HDMI. Before I upgraded from a regular Hopper to a Hopper with Sling, the TV would detect and control the home theater. However, once I plug the Hopper with Sling into an HDMI connection on the TV or the home theater, the TV no longer detects or controls the home theater. In addition, becuase the TV doesn't see the home theater, it disables the HDMI ARC (audio return channel) to the home theater and I can no longer get sound from the smart TV when using its built in HBO Go application. This is not good at all. Once I disconnect the Hopper or replace it with my other Hopper (without Sling), everything works as it did before I upgraded. As a workaround, any time I want to use HBO Go, I am disconnecing the Hopper's HDMI cable. DIRT if you are listening, I too would like a fix.

Thanks

Add me to the list. Hopper with Sling connected to Onkyo receiver, the receiver no longer shuts off when I turn the tv off. Issue only began when I installed Hopper w/ Sling. Hopper 2000 worked perfect.

What are you using to signal shutoff? Hopper remote? Does this happen with macro based IR remotes such as Harmony?

What are you using to signal shutoff? Hopper remote? Does this happen with macro based IR remotes such as Harmony?

No, I am just giving a power signal from dish remote. the onkyo takes all my devices in via hdmi and outputs 1 hdmi to tv. Normally when turning off the tv the onkyo goes into standby and turns off. Currently it still passes audio from the hopper while the tv is off.

I am also having this problem. I have a 60 inch Samsung Smart TV and a Samsung Home Theater System connected by HDMI. Before I upgraded from a regular Hopper to a Hopper with Sling, the TV would detect and control the home theater. However, once I plug the Hopper with Sling into an HDMI connection on the TV or the home theater, the TV no longer detects or controls the home theater. In addition, becuase the TV doesn't see the home theater, it disables the HDMI ARC (audio return channel) to the home theater and I can no longer get sound from the smart TV when using its built in HBO Go application. This is not good at all. Once I disconnect the Hopper or replace it with my other Hopper (without Sling), everything works as it did before I upgraded. As a workaround, any time I want to use HBO Go, I am disconnecing the Hopper's HDMI cable. DIRT if you are listening, I too would like a fix.

Thanks

I have the same issue with my 55 inch Samsung. The Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) no longer works. It worked with the 722k until I upgraded to Hopper w/Sling.

I heard this CEC issue is being investigated and worked on.

OK, thanks lucky86. I don't care for Samsung's Anynet anyway. The TV will turn off the Samsung receiver but will not turn it on. Really a pain in the a--. It sure was a nightmare trying to figure out what was wrong when I switched to the Hopper but got passed it.

I know this does not solve the root problem, but I'm using a Harmony remote with my Hopper w/Sling. It allows me to turn on/set the right inputs/control and turn off all my devices which include the Hopper w/Slide, a Sumsung TV, an Onyko receiver and a Samsung Blue Ray player with a single button push. I have it set up so that the volume button controls the Onyko receiver rather than the TV. I know this is not what you want but given the time it takes to get fixes - it may be worth investing into and would allow you to control your equipment the way you want.

I know this does not solve the root problem, but I'm using a Harmony remote with my Hopper w/Sling. It allows me to turn on/set the right inputs/control and turn off all my devices which include the Hopper w/Slide, a Sumsung TV, an Onyko receiver and a Samsung Blue Ray player with a single button push. I have it set up so that the volume button controls the Onyko receiver rather than the TV. I know this is not what you want but given the time it takes to get fixes - it may be worth investing into and would allow you to control your equipment the way you want.

I have a harmony one. Stopped using it because dish remote handles basically everything. When it works right, the dish remote is all I need. Taking it out of limited mode and teaching it a few commands, it does the job of my harmony.

I have two old Remote Universal Controls model MX-500 that does the same thing.

I have a harmony one. Stopped using it because dish remote handles basically everything. When it works right, the dish remote is all I need. Taking it out of limited mode and teaching it a few commands, it does the job of my harmony.

Did you teach the Dish TV remote control to turn the TV and Audio receiver (non ARC/CEC) on and off with the push of one button?

no, when the onkyo reciever senses the tv shutting off it shuts itself off. turns on when i turn the tv on too.

OK, I think you have that ARC set up where the two components can talk to get other per say. That is how my Samsung TV and Samsung receiver use to be but no longer works for some reason when I switched to Hopper. Even when it did work the TV would turn off the receiver but it would not turn it on. After many phone calls to Samsung and reading in their Forums I discovered it is the way it was designed I guess. Lotsa folks are upset about it.

I upgraded one of my 2 hoppers yesterday and discovered that I have the same problem (I didn't think to check before paying for the upgraded hopper). Sony Bravia 50" TV with Sony receiver. It wouldn't find the receiver in the sync device list and would not allow me to change the audio so it played through the audio system instead of the tv speakers. It kept reverting back to the tv speakers.

The inconvenient fix for me was installing the hopper with sling upstairs on a tv that doesn't use a sound system and moving my other original hopper downstairs to the main tv. I called tech support but they said there is currently no resolution for the problem.

I upgraded one of my 2 hoppers yesterday and discovered that I have the same problem (I didn't think to check before paying for the upgraded hopper). Sony Bravia 50" TV with Sony receiver. It wouldn't find the receiver in the sync device list and would not allow me to change the audio so it played through the audio system instead of the tv speakers. It kept reverting back to the tv speakers.

The inconvenient fix for me was installing the hopper with sling upstairs on a tv that doesn't use a sound system and moving my other original hopper downstairs to the main tv. I called tech support but they said there is currently no resolution for the problem.

I still have the same problem too with a Samsung TV and AV receiver. I have completely bypassed the AV receiver. It is just sitting there doing nothing. I think it is related to the delay and no sound issues too. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...atching-recordings-from-one-hopper-on-another

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)