Hopper disrupting HDMI communication?

I have this HDMI ARC issue as well with Panasonic TV (P60ST60) and Onkyo receiver (TX-NR818). But as I was not using this feature earlier, I thought the issue was with my recently bought TV and/or receiver. Spent a long time in figuring out what was causing the issue and identified Dish Hopper (w/ Sling) as the culprit after much trial and error, and then finally found this thread to confirm my findings. Quite annoyed with Dish due to the amount of time I had to spend for this. Anyway, hope Dish fixes this soon.

I have this HDMI ARC issue as well with Panasonic TV (P60ST60) and Onkyo receiver (TX-NR818). But as I was not using this feature earlier, I thought the issue was with my recently bought TV and/or receiver. Spent a long time in figuring out what was causing the issue and identified Dish Hopper (w/ Sling) as the culprit after much trial and error, and then finally found this thread to confirm my findings. Quite annoyed with Dish due to the amount of time I had to spend for this. Anyway, hope Dish fixes this soon.

Maybe a soft ware revision will be out soon to fix it! Until then I just run my Hopper w/Sling direct to TV by HDMI and my AV receiver is just sitting there looking pretty. I think the ARC issue is tied in with the sound problems too. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...atching-recordings-from-one-hopper-on-another

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)