Hopper Duo Daily Reset

We just upgraded to the Hoppe Duo but I noticed when it does the daily reset the screen goes blank. How do you fix this?
Huh? Going blank during a reboot is expected behavior. Did you have a receiver that did not go blank? If so, which one? When you reboot your computer, doesn't your monitor go blank?

Reactions: Bobby
You can set the Daily Reset Time on your Hopper.
1) Press the Home button twice
2) Select Settings
3) Select the Power Icon
4) Enter the time that you want the Daily Reset to occur.

I have my Living Room Hopper3 set for 3 AM and my Family Room Hopper3 set for 4 AM.
Since I am sleeping it does not affect my TV viewing.

No because the old receivers this never happened.
My first Dish receiver was a 4900. If it rebooted, it went blank too. I don't remember it rebooting, though. My memory from so long ago is hazy. Perhaps Dish firmware back then was more reliable than more recent receivers which require a nightly reboot.

At least since the 625, there is a forced reboot during which the screen is blank. I've seen this happen on 612's, 722's, Hoppers (I have a 3) and Joeys (3 also). This is why I asked what receiver you have. I'm just curious if it's so old that it had no forced reboot.

Last edited:
Thanks. I called Dish yesterday and the agent got control of my receiver and fixed it for me. Today it is working fine! It must be fixed then!
Congratulations. I'm still left wondering what still-usable Dish receivers don't reboot. IIRC all Dish receivers with a 4-digit model number were legacy QPSK receivers. Dish has subsequently gone to 8PSK and even SD receivers must handle that or they get no channels. That's IIRC. :D

Reactions: charlesrshell
You can set the Daily Reset Time on your Hopper.
1) Press the Home button twice
2) Select Settings
3) Select the Power Icon
4) Enter the time that you want the Daily Reset to occur.

I have my Living Room Hopper3 set for 3 AM and my Family Room Hopper3 set for 4 AM.
Since I am sleeping it does not affect my TV viewing.

This worked for me.... Thanks!

Settings, Dish Settings, Power Icon, Daily Reset Time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts