Hopper DVR Recordings Error?

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok I was able to watch some of my recordings last night but now when I click on a show to watch I get a Error in red text that says Error opening files Error Code 00.. Looks like we just lost all of are recordings Anyone ever seen this??? Also it will Not let you pause live TV as well it's like the DVR function is not working either..

Now the Joey is not out putting any TV Signal I can pull up the guide but the screen is blank..

Your Hopper hard drive is dead

That happened to us and we lost everything that was not moved to my EHD. Dish had to send me a replacement Hopper. It was identical to your symptoms that you described when it happened here.

Yeah I'm back up and running a file got corrupted which also effect the Joey so I had to format the drive so we lost everything as well. But the Advance Support said that the hardware is fine due to we did not get any more errors and we can pause live tv. He said we kept getting errors even after the format of the drive and could not pause live tv then that's a sign it's hardware failure. So yes we lost are recordings but I'm glad its not the hardware going bad so I guess I will be ordering a External Drive tonight for my Hopper.

Glad to hear they resolved your issue without sending a new hopper. I thought you said earlier that you could not pause live tv and all dvr functions were not working? That was the case on my end but they did not try to format my drive and instead sent a new hopper which has been flawless since.

Glad to hear they resolved your issue without sending a new hopper. I thought you said earlier that you could not pause live tv and all dvr functions were not working? That was the case on my end but they did not try to format my drive and instead sent a new hopper which has been flawless since.

Yeah those functions were not working but once I did the format they started working again he said that if after the format that if it continue to not pause live tv so forth then it was for sure a hardware issue which means they would have had to send out a replacement.

So will the Hopper will see 2TB correct heck its only $10 buck more for a 2TB.. :)

http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/expansion-hard-drive/#specs

2TB Is fine. People have reported issues with 3TB and bigger at times not working. Just ensure it is either self powered via a power supply or you are using a powered USB hub. All will be well. :)

Yeah I'm back up and running a file got corrupted which also effect the Joey so I had to format the drive so we lost everything as well. But the Advance Support said that the hardware is fine due to we did not get any more errors and we can pause live tv. He said we kept getting errors even after the format of the drive and could not pause live tv then that's a sign it's hardware failure. So yes we lost are recordings but I'm glad its not the hardware going bad so I guess I will be ordering a External Drive tonight for my Hopper.

What do you mean format the drive? Did you do a Hopper Factory Default (Yellow - 9 - 4)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts