Hopper DVR Timer

texasone

Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
California
I got trained on the VIP 721 when using the DVR function. I could record a single show, in all episodes, in a week at a time. The Hopper 52. remote seems to only allow setting a timer one show at a time, even though that show may have new episodes. Is there a manual to read that shows all the Hopper timer steps? Thanks.

Find your show in the Guide, click on that show and you will get a drop down that will offer you these choices: Record This, Record Series, Record Future Airing, See Program Info. Just drop down to Record Series and you are all set.

Or find your timer in the Timers tab in the DVR menu if you set it already, select it, select Edit and you can make the changes there, too

Thanks for the informative replies. From what I am understanding, the Hopper doesn't offer the viewer the option to for example go to channel 185, and then record every new show, whatever the content. I am not sure how many days are in the guide, 7 days ahead? I got addicted to that with the 721, just click on the channel and record the entire week ahead. Dish has said that this isn't an option with the Hopper.

You’re wanting the dish pass from the 722. Set it to record all “new” in the descriptions. At least that’s how it sounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts