Hopper Favorites List Scrolling bug

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jackdemcak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 6, 2009
Rancho Palos Verdes
I do not know if all hoppers exhibit the favorites list scrolling problem because I have only 1 hopper and do not know anyone who has a hopper who could try to reproduce the problem.

If you set up a favorites list of exactly 7 channels and you scroll the list, the display becomes corrupted. If you have a favorites list with fewer than 7 entries scrolling is not implemented so there is no problem. On a list with more than 7 entries, the list scrolls correctly.

If you happen to have a favorites list of exactly 7 entries and you inadvertently scroll it you can fix the display be clicking to the following day and back again. My workaround, until Dish fixes this problem, is to never have exactly 7 channels in the list.

Jack D.

I do not know if all hoppers exhibit the favorites list scrolling problem because I have only 1 hopper and do not know anyone who has a hopper who could try to reproduce the problem.

If you set up a favorites list of exactly 7 channels and you scroll the list, the display becomes corrupted. If you have a favorites list with fewer than 7 entries scrolling is not implemented so there is no problem. On a list with more than 7 entries, the list scrolls correctly.

If you happen to have a favorites list of exactly 7 entries and you inadvertently scroll it you can fix the display be clicking to the following day and back again. My workaround, until Dish fixes this problem, is to never have exactly 7 channels in the list.

Jack D.

I just duplicated it. I also just passed this along to the Dish Software team. Nice catch!

lucky86 -- thank you for confirming and reporting the bug. How does one report problems to the Dish Software team? I tried to explain the bug to a tech support person, but I do not believe she really understood the problem. All I received from her were instructions on rebooting the system, an explanation of ascending/descending order, and parental locks can keep unwanted channels from appearing in favorites lists.

Jack D.

lucky86 -- thank you for confirming and reporting the bug. How does one report problems to the Dish Software team? I tried to explain the bug to a tech support person, but I do not believe she really understood the problem. All I received from her were instructions on rebooting the system, an explanation of ascending/descending order, and parental locks can keep unwanted channels from appearing in favorites lists.

Jack D.

I think, if you report things on this website, true issues get picked up and get reported to the right people. Dish software experts regularly monitor the threads....

You can report it to a DIRT member or you could send a PM to the Dish Software login. But as said above, the Dish Software team does monitor online forums pretty closely keeping an eye open for bugs and problems that are being reported.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts