Hopper guide info different than 722?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
Does the hopper get its guide information from a different source than the 722 does? I've noticed a few minor things about the info that the hopper doesn't always show that the 722 did show. For example, tonight's episode of East Bound and Down on HBO is the season finale but the guide info doesn't mention that. And when HBO airs new movies on Saturday nights my old 722 would say "premiere". But the hopper doesn't appear to say that. I know these are minor things, but they're also helpful bits of information at times.

Does the hopper get its guide information from a different source than the 722 does? I've noticed a few minor things about the info that the hopper doesn't always show that the 722 did show. For example, tonight's episode of East Bound and Down on HBO is the season finale but the guide info doesn't mention that. And when HBO airs new movies on Saturday nights my old 722 would say "premiere". But the hopper doesn't appear to say that. I know these are minor things, but they're also helpful bits of information at times.
The guide I'm seeing on my Hopper in some cases seems to provide longer descriptions than I saw on my 922. I'm guessing different versions of the guide (all from the same source) are provided and the one most appropriate for the receiver gets used.

I think the show descriptions are fine for the most part. It's the little things like season finale, season premiere, etc. I have seen these things on some shows but not all. Last weeks Body of Proof for instance did say season finale. But other shows do not for some reason.

Where I notice the differences in the Guide information is details like the year of a movie in the base description.

I like the look of the guide compared to my 722. But the descriptions are lacking. I also noticed that the information is wrong sometimes. I was watching a show I had on the DVR and noticed the description was wrong. I looked ahead to next weeks episode and it matched it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)