Hopper Happiness Hopefully Happening Here, today

TimR21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Couldn't resist the alliteration!

Anyway, after ordering on Hopper Day (last Thurs), I had to hold off my install until today due to my own scheduling conflicts. They're supposed to arrive this afternoon. In prepping my wiring and various rooms yesterday, I was struck by really just how simple this is going to make my wiring closet look! I've had Dish since '96, and have used most of the technologies they've come out with. This one will really clean things up. I currently have a 722 and a 612. The 722's TV2 has back feeds running all over the house…and I'm using diplexers for OTA….it's a real mess. Looking forward to simplifying!

Here's to hoping the Hopper is as good as we all think it should be!

TimR><>

I know how you feel. I replaced a DPP44 with a DPP33 to remove the need for a power inserter. Cleaned up my patch panel in the utility. Actually even painted the panel board and then bought a new label maker. So now everything is neat and labeled. Can you tell this is more of a hobby project than just watching TV?

Installer is here now. He's doing a great job, and is very knowledgable. He says he's been doing at least 1 H/J install a day since they came out last week. I feel bad for him, however. The Solo Node he brought out appears to be DOA. So, unless he can find another tech nearby he can get one from, he's got a VERY long drive back to his office to pick up a new node.

TimR21><>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts