Hopper Harddrive failure/ looking for DiRT

turned on this morning and message on screen said hard drive failure and was reformatting all timers would be saved during ( upgrade ) I don't think formatting is a upgrade but all data was gone and box is like new .it seems to be working but it must be on hospice now . what make and type of hard drive is in the hopper ?
Yep. Mine did the same thing. It said timers would be saved. That was BS. All my content, to include the timers, was lost.

The timers are saved on the remote. You simply restore after getting set up the new way...
I use a Harmony. I used to get the Dish remote out a couple times a month and back them up, but got lazy through the holidays. Anyway, I thought the message meant they were also stored on the Hopper, separate from the HDD content. Oh well. Still seems like a lot of failures happening around the same time.

My Hopper is still hanging on for now I am going to order a new hard drive but I just tried the remote for the timers and nothing .system says it was backed up last night maybe after the hard drive crashed . It does seem strange that the drives are crashing around two years old . I have many old receivers and computers and extra drives way older than this . My problem is what do I tell little joey after the hopper finally dies he is only a year old .I guess I can say the Mouse almost did him in but I think the FOX got him!

The Hopper saves your timers to the remote, automatically, a few times a week. You don't need to do a thing....
I did not know that. I keep the Dish remote a few feet away from the HWS in one of the bottom cabinets of my entertainment center. Maybe I'll get lucky and the timers are on there. I'll check when I get home. Thanks for the info!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)