Hopper has been nothing but a big hot mess

I have 2 Hoppers, 2 Joeys - so I understand this, I should leave one Hopper plugged in (the one with the Sling Adapter) and unplug the other Hopper and both Joeys? Reboot, and all the ethernet-disconnected devices should connect via MoCa....? not trying to be dense, just making sure I read the other thread correctly.

I have 2 Hoppers, 2 Joeys - so I understand this, I should leave one Hopper plugged in (the one with the Sling Adapter) and unplug the other Hopper and both Joeys? Reboot, and all the ethernet-disconnected devices should connect via MoCa....? not trying to be dense, just making sure I read the other thread correctly.

yeah, i would try that and see if everything connects properly.

will disconnecting the ethernet cables from the other Hopper and Joeys affect their ability to view Blockbuster online and/or the Home Media functionality?

will disconnecting the ethernet cables from the other Hopper and Joeys affect their ability to view Blockbuster online and/or the Home Media functionality?

No, but your multiple connections are not necessary with 213 and are known to cause the kinds of problems that you have been having.

As a technician when I arrive at a customers home and they insist that I swap out their equipment I do just that and hope that it works long enough for me to get out the door. If left to check out the whole thing like I'm supposed to, I can usually find a problem that is causing everything.

As a trouble shooting step, I'd probably disconnect all ethernet connectivity for a couple of days. Eliminate as many variables as possible and see how things are with nothing but the Dish moca video net running.

If you still have issues, you have at least eliminated the ethernet connectivity as a reason.

If everything is OK, connect just a single hopper back up with bridging disabled, then finally enable bridging. After bridging is enabled the second Hopper and Joeys should be able to see your network.

Called support today, had to unplug the Hopper in order for 2 of my 3 Joeys to see TV. I hope this isn't an ongoing thing. Does Dish offer so many days for a trial period...lol.

Cosmo, why do you keep pushing disabling bridging first? The first step should beto test the system with one internet connection and bridging enabled. That is the configuration that is meant to work under 213. IF problems still exist, THEN disabling bridging might be a useful trouble shooting step.

with a single ethernet cable in the main hopper and in bridged mode, the latest report from the homefront is that the Joeys were not "searching for hopper" as they had been previously, but they didn't have the option in DVR to switch to the other Hopper to see the recordings on the other Hopper... after rebooting, option came back... so not perfect, but better.

Cosmo, why do you keep pushing disabling bridging first? The first step should beto test the system with one internet connection and bridging enabled. That is the configuration that is meant to work under 213. IF problems still exist, THEN disabling bridging might be a useful trouble shooting step.

I "keep pushing" it?? :confused: I pointed someone once to a thread that answers their question...

All clear on the Western front

It's been several days now since unplugging all but one of the ethernet cables, and everything (knock on wood) has been honky dory. No more black screens of death, no more arbitrary freezing and no more "looking for Hopper" screens on the Joeys. Very happy now and very grateful to all the input I've received on my thread. It's too bad the Dish techs (onsite, phone and chat) don't have the same knowledge you guys have...

Just got to work and saw the post about the new software push. Read through all the posts and don't see anything that specifically states whether having bridging disabled now will require that I plug ethernet cables back into my other Hopper and 2x Joeys.... Anyone know for sure?

They say in another thread you can re-enable the bridge after you get the software upgrade. I think you hit network then moca pull down and you hit on the blue button on your remote two times and it supposedly re-enables the bridge. I have had NO problems with the bridge working on my hopper and two upgrades. So I will be re-enabling my bridge once I get the software.

They say in another thread you can re-enable the bridge after you get the software upgrade. I think you hit network then moca pull down and you hit on the blue button on your remote two times and it supposedly re-enables the bridge. I have had NO problems with the bridge working on my hopper and two upgrades. So I will be re-enabling my bridge once I get the software.

After you hit the Blue Hot key twice it will show the "Bridging" button. From this menu you will be able to enable or disable bridging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)