Hopper Heals Itself? What a Hopper!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

my3son

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
United States
A severe thunderstorm passed through my area Monday evening, knocking out power for a couple of hours. When power is restored, one Hopper comes up fine and the other keeps cycling on and off. When it cycles on I notice that PTAT is on two tuners, but before I can do anything, it cycles again. I hard reset, I unplug/replug to no avail. I call Dish and set up an appointment for Wednesday morning and unplug the offending Hopper. I plug the offending Hopper in before I go to bed, after PTAT. This morning I check and all seems well, Hopper comes on and acts normally. I'll check the Hopper when I get home tonight and see if it gets PTAT before I cancel the appointment tomorrow morning.

2nd day I had mine while watching, the screen went black, and a dialog box opened up saying it was performing a self-test. It was offline with the same message for about 4 min, then said something about completing a diagnosis, and everything came back on. Has never repeated and it's been over a week now.

We had a similar issue with 1 Hopper & 2 Joey configuration this past weekend. The system locked-up, tried the red reset button, as well as unplug the hopper and attempted to reset. The system would hit the start screen then screen would go blank and again recycle. I called Dish, they said they had not seen this issued & scheduled a service call to replace. We unplugged the hopper and left for 5-10 min's and the system finally re-booted and has worked o.k. since. We canceled service call so hopefully after the re-boot this has fixed the problem

Maybe it was doing a chkdsk and didn't report the status correctly? It would be nice for us geeks to know what's going on when the hopper is diagnosing itself...

I came home last night and all was well. PTAT came on and recorded on only one tuner. So I canceled my appointment for this morning online. This is odd but good news in that while i was canceling my appointment for this morning I saw where the previous two appointments had taken 13 hours total, with half of that due to a bad existing coax line to a bedroom. I'm glad for my sake and the installer's sake they didn't have to come back out again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts