Hopper Integration

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I'm thinking of swapping out my Joey for a second Hopper. However, I have no idea if they ever completed the promised integration capability in Hopper software.

Can each Hopper see the other Hopper's recordings? Can they be set up to share tuners, so they function a single six-tuner system? IOW, can a tuner from the 2nd Hopper act as tuner "4" in cases where 1 thru 3 on the 1st Hopper are being used for recording?

The only integration is the ability to see recordings between hoppers. Tuners and timers cannot be accessed between hoppers.

The best alternative is to keep the extra joey at your primary TV location where you need access to tuners from both hoppers.

I thought the Joey could only be linked to one Hopper? Have they fixed it to where you can have both Hoppers accessible to the Joey at the same time?

I thought the Joey could only be linked to one Hopper? Have they fixed it to where you can have both Hoppers accessible to the Joey at the same time?

If you mean both Hoppers appearing as one (for DVR), no. The Joey needs to link to the specific Hopper...seeing only what is on that ONE Hopper.

Hoppers can see each others' recordings but can't schedule recordings on each other. Joeys can see recordings from all Hoppers however can only change timers on the Hopper that they are currently linked to. It's really simple to link up to another Hopper, trivial IMO.

Having three Hoppers is awesome. I like it just fine the way it is.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Hoppers can see each others' recordings but can't schedule recordings on each other. Joeys can see recordings from all Hoppers however can only change timers on the Hopper that they are currently linked to. It's really simple to link up to another Hopper, trivial IMO.

Having three Hoppers is awesome. I like it just fine the way it is.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner
How do they see each others recordings? Do all recordings from both Hoppers show on the main Recordings page of each Hopper?

Sent from a computer using a web browser.

Oh well. Sounds like a hassle. If there was true integration, a two-Hopper system would be kinda awesome.

I have Two Hoppers/one Joey, the linking to change which Hopper you want to switch to takes a few seconds. But yes while it's nice that I can access all recordings between the Hoppers full intergration would a nice touch!

Nope, not unless you use DRA, DishAnywhere/dish online. You can't set them for the other Hopper.
That's a pretty big bummer.
In a perfect world, one would be able to just set timers from either Hopper, and have them work in tandem, like a single 6 tuner Hopper.
But, the next best thing would be to set timers on one Hopper from the other Hopper, the same way you can currently view recordings from one Hopper on the other.

Big deal, have to walk a little ways to set recordings. The way I do it, I don't have to set recordings very often. Personally, I prefer them having separate recording (timer) lists. To each their own!

Big deal, have to walk a little ways to set recordings. The way I do it, I don't have to set recordings very often. Personally, I prefer them having separate recording (timer) lists. To each their own!
Just as I would prefer not to walk to another room to change the channels for the TV in the first room, I would prefer not to have to go to another room to set DVR timers that I will watch in the first room, as well. It's a reasonable and logical preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts