Hopper Integration

Hmm. I wonder why he mentioned walking to set recordings?

So, I can set timers on Hopper #2 from Hopper #1?

No, you but if you are at a Joey you can link from Hopper to Hopper. So link to hopper 1 from the joey and set a timer. Go to whole home screen and link the joey to hopper 2 and set a timer. The Hopper 1 can not set timers for the Hopper 2 or vice versa.

No, you but if you are at a Joey you can link from Hopper to Hopper. So link to hopper 1 from the joey and set a timer. Go to whole home screen and link the joey to hopper 2 and set a timer. The Hopper 1 can not set timers for the Hopper 2 or vice versa.
There is no Joey involved in this scenario. Just two Hoppers in two rooms.

Yeah no ways to set a timer on the other hopper besides walking to the other room or doing it online.
In that case, I must reiterate my disappointment.

They should, at the very least, enable it to be able to set timers on one Hopper from the other Hopper, in the same way that you can view recordings from one Hopper on the other.
And, ideally, integrate the two Hoppers to function as a single six-tuner Hopper, as I already stated. But, I can understand the difficulty of programming the latter.

All I can say is if you prefer sitting down and managing only three tuners over walking a few feet to manage six, more power to ya!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

In that case, I must reiterate my disappointment.

They should, at the very least, enable it to be able to set timers on one Hopper from the other Hopper, in the same way that you can view recordings from one Hopper on the other.
And, ideally, integrate the two Hoppers to function as a single six-tuner Hopper, as I already stated. But, I can understand the difficulty of programming the latter.

I wouldn't rule out that more integration is coming. I'm not sure when and to what extent but I'm sure eventually the integration will expand.

All I can say is if you prefer sitting down and managing only three tuners over walking a few feet to manage six, more power to ya!

Lucky for me both my Hoppers are connected to my main living room TV so all I do is change HDMI inputs or when I'm watching something, I'll hop on my phone or iPad and use DISH Anywhere, DISH Explorer or Dra to set it on the other Hopper.

IF they expand integration I sure hope that they'll give the option to keep things the way they are ...

I wouldn't rule out that more integration is coming. I'm not sure when and to what extent but I'm sure eventually the integration will expand.
That will be nice. I don't even need full integration. When the time comes when I can access recordings and timers of each Hopper from the other Hopper, I will swap my Joey for a 2nd Hopper.

You gotta get your exercise some way, right?

Sent from my PC using a web browser.

Well apparently you don't have the stamina to handle walking a few steps... I'm just saying I prefer it the way it is regardless of your silly little comments and that I think that it's ridiculous to prefer having less tuners and half the hard drive space over getting up off your rear. Sure keep waiting for "full" integration, meanwhile I'll be enjoying my lack of tuner conflicts.

Well apparently you don't have the stamina to handle walking a few steps... I'm just saying I prefer it the way it is regardless of your silly little comments and that I think that it's ridiculous to prefer having less tuners and half the hard drive space over getting up off your rear. Sure keep waiting for "full" integration, meanwhile I'll be enjoying my lack of tuner conflicts.

Ridiculous and silly are in the eye of the beholder. I think it's ridiculous to have to walk to another room to manage additional timers that aren't a necessity. And, I think it's silly to criticize somebody for feeling that way, especially as it's a perfectly reasonable way to feel.

Not to mention that I never said I was waiting for full integration. I've made it clear that I wasn't, and would be happy with accessing the other Hopper's timers from the DVR drop-down menu a la the way it is currently with recordings.

I also save my stamina for the gym.

Sent from my PC using a web browser.

Not that it really matters, but obviously you had some reason for considering another Hopper. The obvious answer would be more tuners. I just can't see any logical reason why a person that needs more tuners would prefer to just deal with less tuners rather than get up out of their chair/couch. At any rate, good luck on getting your wish for more integration. I personally don't see it happening. however as I said if it does, I hope that there is an option to keep it the way it is now. Seemed to me like you had a problem with my "reasonable" opinion as well.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Lucky for me both my Hoppers are connected to my main living room TV so all I do is change HDMI inputs or when I'm watching something, I'll hop on my phone or iPad and use DISH Anywhere, DISH Explorer or Dra to set it on the other Hopper.

Same here for all the online stuff except I don't have two Hoppers on a single TV, but the TV that I want to mess with all Hoppers from the same location has a Joey.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

For a meager $7 a month I keep a Joey linked to Hopper #2, connected to another HDMI input, next to Hopper #1. When I want to set timers on Hopper #2 or need another tuner to watch live TV, I just select the other input.

(My wife prefers that I handle setting timers for her Hopper.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts