Hopper/Joey deals for existing customer?

lparsons21, how do you like your Hopper w/Sling? I see you have both versions. Do you see much improvement in the new version?

I love it! Very speedy and it has settled down over a few days and I have very few issues with it. A little pixelation and skipping in VOD downloads, but not too bad. Other functions just fly, and that video! Absolutely the best PQ I've ever seen from Dish and every bit as good as the best that Direct is doing these days.

I don't use the 'old' Hopper as that is in my son's room, but the very few times I fiddled with it, it was a bit slower in operation but very much useable and faster than D* equipment by far.

For info, I have just recently returned to Dish, so I didn't have an original Hopper until this install.

Before I even think about upgrading one of my Hoppers, I need to invest in a EHD for my movies, trying to hold off though as I don't think I would really use Hopper transfers a lot and I do have sling already on one of my hoppers But the new technology bug gets me :)
I use my EHD all the time, but for something you would not need to having the Hoppa. I record some programs when tuners are all in use downstairs, on the upstairs receiver, then just bring them down on the EHD for watching later. Most often movies. Obviously with the Hopper that's not needed. But for archiving or saving Hard Drive space, still very useful. I have a few historical events such as the tsunami and ensuing nuclear disaster in Japan, and the final manned space flight. If the fateful day comes and I do not have Dish anymore I will record them to my DVD recorder. Won't be in HD but will still have the events.

I love it! Very speedy and it has settled down over a few days and I have very few issues with it. A little pixelation and skipping in VOD downloads, but not too bad. Other functions just fly, and that video! Absolutely the best PQ I've ever seen from Dish and every bit as good as the best that Direct is doing these days.

I don't use the 'old' Hopper as that is in my son's room, but the very few times I fiddled with it, it was a bit slower in operation but very much useable and faster than D* equipment by far.

For info, I have just recently returned to Dish, so I didn't have an original Hopper until this install.

Thanks lparsons21. Appreciate your info.

I use my EHD all the time, but for something you would not need to having the Hoppa. I record some programs when tuners are all in use downstairs, on the upstairs receiver, then just bring them down on the EHD for watching later. Most often movies. Obviously with the Hopper that's not needed. But for archiving or saving Hard Drive space, still very useful. I have a few historical events such as the tsunami and ensuing nuclear disaster in Japan, and the final manned space flight. If the fateful day comes and I do not have Dish anymore I will record them to my DVD recorder. Won't be in HD but will still have the events.

Yea I would need the EHD if I did upgrade one of my Hoppers it would be the main one that has most of our movies and I would not want to lose our little movie collection I have put together on the Hooper

They will offer you the best offer they can based off of what your account qualifies for, just like the rest of us. But from reading posts from users who have tried to get a better deal, it appears that no agent can do anything with the HWS since it just launched. I'm sure DIRT can hook you up with a great deal on a Hopper or a pretty fair price on an HWS. It may not be what you consider a fair price, but I would just ask what you qualify for.

They will offer you the best offer they can based off of what your account qualifies for, just like the rest of us. But from reading posts from users who have tried to get a better deal, it appears that no agent can do anything with the HWS since it just launched. I'm sure DIRT can hook you up with a great deal on a Hopper or a pretty fair price on an HWS. It may not be what you consider a fair price, but I would just ask what you qualify for.

OK, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)