Hopper/Joey Moca problems - SOLO Node

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
Hopper MOCA problems.
Under Settings/Network Setup, at the top is Network Setup where you can select from the dropdown, which ethernet connector is being used or MOCA or WIFI. I can't select MOCA on the Hopper, but I can on the Joey, today. Last time I tried it, a day or two ago, I was able to select it. In fact, earlier today I could. And on both the Hopper and Joeys (1h, 2j system) MOCA shows FAILED, but if I show the quality of MOCA by turning it on under whole home, it shows full green bars. And the Joeys work... one has E-net, the other only MOCA. Also if I look under wherever you look at the MOCA network on the hopper, it shows both hoppers linked. The SOLO is in the garage and it is 28 degrees. Quite hard to move, but I might keep an eye on it and temperature to see if that is affecting it. I know the MOCA was fine on a slightly warmer day.

Hopper MOCA problems.
Under Settings/Network Setup, at the top is Network Setup where you can select from the dropdown, which ethernet connector is being used or MOCA or WIFI. I can't select MOCA on the Hopper, but I can on the Joey, today. Last time I tried it, a day or two ago, I was able to select it. In fact, earlier today I could. And on both the Hopper and Joeys (1h, 2j system) MOCA shows FAILED, but if I show the quality of MOCA by turning it on under whole home, it shows full green bars. And the Joeys work... one has E-net, the other only MOCA. Also if I look under wherever you look at the MOCA network on the hopper, it shows both hoppers linked. The SOLO is in the garage and it is 28 degrees. Quite hard to move, but I might keep an eye on it and temperature to see if that is affecting it. I know the MOCA was fine on a slightly warmer day.

Are you having issues with viewing on the Joeys?

Barry, this sounds like what has been happening to me, but with me I know the MoCA NIC on the Hopper is MIA when I get a 1303 Searching For Hopper to Link To on my Joey. I have reported it in the Early Testing Forum on here for ZachS's knowledge, but apparently they cannot reproduce it. When I look at the Hopper the only NIC that is available in the dropdown in the network setup is my Ethernet Top, everything else is grayed out.

I did have MoCA bridging turned on, with the only ethernet run to my Hopper (Joey only has the MoCa coax cable plugged into it) everytime this has flaked out on my Hopper. I was asked to turn it off, which I have, and am waiting to see if it reproduces itself.

As far as recovering the MoCA NIC on my hopper, a red button reboot is the only way to do it.

Can you watch on your Joey when this is happening to you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)