Hopper / Joey remote questions

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
Do the Hoppers and Joeys come with learning remotes like the 21.1 learning remotes I use with my current 722/612 receivers. If so, are they the same 21.1 remotes or something new and improved? I also was wondering if they take the remotes when you return your old receivers as part of an upgrade? And, if so, should return the remotes 21.1 remotes I am currently using or some old 6.0 remotes I have laying around.

I noticed that Dish now sells/gives out 21.1 remotes. I have the 21.0 and the 21.1, along with the 20.0 and the 40.0. Obviously, the difference between the 20.0 and the 21.0 is UHF Pro, but the only differences I could find between the 21.0 and the 21.1 were that the 21.0s were made in China and the 21.1 is made in Mexico and it's a little shinier (could just be because it's newer.) 40.0 obviously is basically the same as the 21.0 except it uses UHF 2G (no IR communication to sat receivers at all.)

The 40.0 is a LOT easier to program using the Hopper menus, and also easier to back up the timers (don't have to put it right next to the receiver like 20.0.) But other than that (and their color) they're practically identical.

I just had DISH istalled-hopper system. For my main Tv I have the hopper connected to a Denon A/V receiver model AVR 2311. I am trying to get the hopper remote to operate the volumn on the receiver. I can learn the volume up button using the learn mode but it refuses to learn the volume down. Trying th lookup code doesn't do anything. I have it set for the volume to be controlled by the A/V receiver. Spoke with DISH tech support and they said it won't work. I know that can't possibly be true. Can anyone help. Thanks

Any Denon code like Audio 1360 should work fine, no need to learn. Just need to turn off limited mode and set up volume punch thru. Besides, learning may not give you the correct repeat behavior when the button is held.

Setting timer to record all Nfl games

router to router for connectivity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts