Hopper/Joey Upgrade Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

todd_l

Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Minnesota
I have 2 original hoppers and 1 joey, installed 4 years ago. Looking to upgrade, as the equipment has gotten very glitchy and laggy. A few dumb questions:

1. From what I read, if I get the Hopper 3, I probably only need 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys. Is that correct?
2. Is there a cost for the Joey 4K if I'm renting the equipment? Or is it just for each Hopper?
3. Any other upgrade fees?
4. If I don't upgrade very often, am I better of buying the equipment outright?

Thanks.

When getting the Hopper 3 you will only need one Hopper 3 and the remaining TV's will get a Joey 2.0. There is a $50 one-time fee for the 4K Joey. As far as other upgrade fees it will depend on if you have the Protection Plan. I want to check into this for you, will you PM me with the phone number and 4-digit PIN to provide pricing for you?

I doubt buying would be a good idea. It saves you nothing in monthly fees. But you do get to turn off owned equipment and maybe save a few bucks on a Joey or two fee. In the end, you try to sell the equipment and discover since you don't upgrade often the equipment is old and worth little.

Reactions: Hall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)