Hopper keeps resetting

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
H3 started acting funny when I got home around 4:30... Was not recording anything so did a red button reset... When I could not create a timer I unplugged the H3 for 10 seconds and it seemed to be working ok up until 8ish where the screen goes black for a second and then it resets...

The error message is : Timer Creation Failed 1281

Timer Creation Failed... Please try back later

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

H3 started acting funny when I got home around 4:30... Was not recording anything so did a red button reset... When I could not create a timer I unplugged the H3 for 10 seconds and it seemed to be working ok up until 8ish where the screen goes black for a second and then it resets...

The error message is : Timer Creation Failed 1281

Timer Creation Failed... Please try back later

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

This is a known issue that our engineers are currently working to resolve. In the meantime, please perform a partial reset. With the remote, please select the home button three times > Select Tools > Select "RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS" > Select PARTIAL RESET > Select Reset on the Reset Warning pop-up.

The same thing happened on my H3. A Dish rep walked me through doing a partial reset and it seems to have cleared up the "timer creation failed" issue. I was afraid I would lose my timer settings but I did not. I did lose the favorites though and had to reset them.

Unfortunately this morning when I turned on my TV and receiver all my timers were gone. I tried restoring them from the remote but that didn't work. I reset the receiver and the timers were back but the "timer creation failed" issue is back. Also I get a "timer failed to edit" message when I try to edit any of the timers.

I hope so too. I called Dish again this morning and was able to speak with the tech I spoke with last night. She said that this is a known issue and they are working on fix for it. She had me do a partial reset again and it fixed the issue again. I hope the nightly reboot doesn't wipe out the timers again like it did last night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)