Hopper keeps resetting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
H3 started acting funny when I got home around 4:30... Was not recording anything so did a red button reset... When I could not create a timer I unplugged the H3 for 10 seconds and it seemed to be working ok up until 8ish where the screen goes black for a second and then it resets...

The error message is : Timer Creation Failed 1281

Timer Creation Failed... Please try back later

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

H3 started acting funny when I got home around 4:30... Was not recording anything so did a red button reset... When I could not create a timer I unplugged the H3 for 10 seconds and it seemed to be working ok up until 8ish where the screen goes black for a second and then it resets...

The error message is : Timer Creation Failed 1281

Timer Creation Failed... Please try back later

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

This is a known issue that our engineers are currently working to resolve. In the meantime, please perform a partial reset. With the remote, please select the home button three times > Select Tools > Select "RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS" > Select PARTIAL RESET > Select Reset on the Reset Warning pop-up.

The same thing happened on my H3. A Dish rep walked me through doing a partial reset and it seems to have cleared up the "timer creation failed" issue. I was afraid I would lose my timer settings but I did not. I did lose the favorites though and had to reset them.

Unfortunately this morning when I turned on my TV and receiver all my timers were gone. I tried restoring them from the remote but that didn't work. I reset the receiver and the timers were back but the "timer creation failed" issue is back. Also I get a "timer failed to edit" message when I try to edit any of the timers.

I hope so too. I called Dish again this morning and was able to speak with the tech I spoke with last night. She said that this is a known issue and they are working on fix for it. She had me do a partial reset again and it fixed the issue again. I hope the nightly reboot doesn't wipe out the timers again like it did last night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts