Hopper manual timer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's a timer that you manually set up (e.g. 9/13/2012 11:00 pm thru 1:07 am on ch 101) vs a timer that is set up via the usual method of searching and/or selecting the program in the guide.

Hallelujah! I can't tell you what an IMPORTANT feature this is for those who rely on it. MeTV on OTA to leave the sat tuners free from conflict and more. Others and I have already enumerated the many uses for and our dependance on this feature. The Hopper has just gotten a whole lot more attractive.

It is a must actually, especially with the way the 922s and Hoppers handle prioritizing and recording. I do not feel like typing the explanation right now, but manual timers can save your bacon if some shows conflict, you don't have enough timers, and you need the last few minutes on a show extended without completely losing a show that starts next. Also, it allows you to record say two hours of Morning Express with Robin Meade rather than the whole flipping' five hour block!

A manual timer would also let you set up a recording for a sports event when the EPG lists it as "Teams TBA". Right now, you can set one up, but it will disappear when the guide updates to show the actual teams playing.

Well I see manual timers will still be a must have, on CBS on Sundays. All the shows recorded on PTAT were not the shows that the title said they were. Good thing I still have my 211k on the second account so I can still record from 7:00pm till 11:00 pm so I don't miss any of the shows I like to watch on Sundays.

Come on and release Manual timers before next week. Cbs will be all new shows and a lot of people are going to be upset when they can't watch the Good Wife ,because of sports overruns.

I'll be screaming until manual timers are available, I had 722's for years and depended upon manual timers. Frequently I will see an advertisement for a program that is 10 days to 2 weeks in the future and since the EPG only goes for 9 days I may miss recording the program.
It is also invaluable when I see an advance for a program I want to see and the EPG never gets it right. That happened last week when the EPG showed Election coverage in a time slot when I wanted to record a program that I have set up on a weekly schedule, nothing recorded during that time slot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)