Hopper Multiview---how to program the channels

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
I came across the multiview feature within the OPTIONS button. The Hopper guide states that it will show the last 4 channels viewed, but when I turned it on, it showed me 4 different channels.

Is there a way to program the channels to display? I didn't see it anywhere, and maybe it truly shows the last 4.

You can navigate to each window and change channels there. I usually directly type in the numbers but I think you can bring up the guide or DVR menu as well.

Reactions: NABRIL
I am able to navigate to each window, but I can't do anything. Typing a channel nunber directly does nothing. Pressing guide takes me to the guide but doesn't return me to the multiview window after selecting a channel. The only action I can take is to select one of the channels shown.

My HWS is running the four Epix channels on channel 100 multiview, since they are in Free view this weekend. Must be as an advertisement. But I cannot change any individual view, no matter what I try.

Usually, they show blank screens for the channels that I do not subscribe to and I cannot change them to a subscribed channel, which would be nice Dish. They are of NO Value, if you cannot chose the four channels.

My HWS is running the four Epix channels on channel 100 multiview, since they are in Free view this weekend. Must be as an advertisement. But I cannot change any individual view, no matter what I try.

Usually, they show blank screens for the channels that I do not subscribe to and I cannot change them to a subscribed channel, which would be nice Dish. They are of NO Value, if you cannot chose the four channels.
Multiview is accessed through PIP.

Channel 100 is something Dish sets up for rapid access to 4 channels of its choice. It has nothing to do with multi view. It behaves as the OP describes so I suspect this, not Multiview is where he's going.

Reactions: JSheridan
I am able to navigate to each window, but I can't do anything. Typing a channel nunber directly does nothing. Pressing guide takes me to the guide but doesn't return me to the multiview window after selecting a channel. The only action I can take is to select one of the channels shown.

Odd, are you pressing select to "activate" that window (so you hear it's audio)? I have not been in multiview since the Olympics so I will need to check it out. They could have changed things since then with a SW update or I could be incorrect in my memory. I will check after work and report back.

I just tested this and the guide does not work for each window (it may never have) but once you select into one of the windows you can type in the channel number and it will tune to that channel in the window.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I just tested this and the guide does not work for each window (it may never have) but once you select into one of the windows you can type in the channel number and it will tune to that channel in the window.

On the H3 I press Options. Then press 4 PIP. Then select Multiview. Now you can go to each window and type in the channel you want or use the guide to find the channel you want. Pressing APP and Multi-Channel View gets you a set of channels Dish select and you cannot change. Under APP there is also College Sports Multi-Channel View and Zona Football Multi-Channel. Dish set the channels for those also. If you have a 4K tv, Each window of the PIP Multi View is 1080 HD.

On the H3 I press Options. Then press 4 PIP. Then select Multiview. Now you can go to each window and type in the channel you want or use the guide to find the channel you want. Pressing APP and Multi-Channel View gets you a set of channels Dish select and you cannot change. Under APP there is also College Sports Multi-Channel View and Zona Football Multi-Channel. Dish set the channels for those also. If you have a 4K tv, Each window of the PIP Multi View is 1080 HD.
Thank you for clarifying, I never use the Apps option so that is probably the difference with the OP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)