Hopper news updates

Has there been any hints as to how well the Hopper/Joeys have been selling and if any upcoming promotions may be in the works? I have seen people hint that calling back in May might yield better pricing. Not sure if this is an upcoming promotion or just people waiting to see if their customer status changes and upgrade costs are consequently lowered. Any word on the street or tasty rumors?

They'll be in the Pub first, I can tell you that!

Might have to become a member. However, it may be too late for any discounts since I caved in and ordered. Have a 2 Hopper/3 Joey system being installed Saturday. Ended up paying $200 for equipment with free install after adding the $6 protection plan. Hopefully all goes well.

Edit: BTW, thanks to DIRT member Ray C for getting me squared away.

Last edited:
Might have to become a member. However, it may be too late for any discounts since I caved in and ordered. Have a 2 Hopper/3 Joey system being installed Saturday. Ended up paying $200 for equipment with free install after adding the $6 protection plan. Hopefully all goes well.

Edit: BTW, thanks to DIRT member Ray C for getting me squared away.

Sounds like you got the best deal available. Several reports of people upgrading for free and several reports of same not actually being free. Yours sounds legit to be best to be had for that equipment level.

I am a news junky. I watch CNN and MSNBC most of the time. I cant figure out why anyone would want to record all the prime time news every night, especially since it is hours old and is negligent in revealing the story behind the news. I really cant justify a Hopper for two people with two receivers that work fine. Can someone enlighten me??

MSNBC isn't news, it commentary. They tend to beat the dog to death. I agree with their points, but I can only tke so much of it. CNN can be just as repetitive, so I' watch NBC evening news and record CBS.

Has there been any hints as to how well the Hopper/Joeys have been selling and if any upcoming promotions may be in the works? I have seen people hint that calling back in May might yield better pricing. Not sure if this is an upcoming promotion or just people waiting to see if their customer status changes and upgrade costs are consequently lowered. Any word on the street or tasty rumors?
The fine print in the Hopper commercials mention that the current offers (new customers) are good until 5/21, so I guess we'll see if any future offers are different after that date....

Scott: Why are you still "trying to decide?" --Doug

Main reason - $$$
Second Reason - No vaction time so if I go down it will be unpaid from work. I used a week for CES, will be using a week in two weeks for a cruise, and then another week for the Home Theater Cruise in November. :)
Third - No big announcements are expected although I do expect to see a Hopper TV Tuner Solution and Dual Hopper intergration demoed. :). :)

Main reason - $$$
Second Reason - No vaction time so if I go down it will be unpaid from work. I used a week for CES, will be using a week in two weeks for a cruise, and then another week for the Home Theater Cruise in November. :)
Third - No big announcements are expected although I do expect to see a Hopper TV Tuner Solution and Dual Hopper intergration demoed. :). :)

Don't worry Scott. I'll be there again this year. I'll try to report as much stuff as I possibly can. I can email you some stuff too if need be.

Main reason - $$$

Hmmm Dual Hopper integration?

Please explain this for me real quick. I'm close to pulling the trigger on 2 hoppers and 2 joeys for my setup. Are you meaning they would be able to work together, or a whole other piece of hardware and I should wait?? :) Thanks

james_k_p said:
Hmmm Dual Hopper integration?

Please explain this for me real quick. I'm close to pulling the trigger on 2 hoppers and 2 joeys for my setup. Are you meaning they would be able to work together, or a whole other piece of hardware and I should wait?? :) Thanks

Yes, it means that they will be able to work together.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

MSNBC isn't news, it commentary. They tend to beat the dog to death. I agree with their points, but I can only tke so much of it. CNN can be just as repetitive, so I' watch NBC evening news and record CBS.
You should look for a REAL news station.

So long as we have someone there and get good reports. I think there will be some reports of how well adoption is going, and equipment availability. H/J will be "the topic of the day" but there may be news of interest on other fronts, such as the ViP922. Perhaps an EOL phase out plan?

This would be a good place for them to discuss policies such as no mixed installations and how Tailgater accounts will be handled (as now, full price second account, or perhaps a "deal.")

And maybe there will be a surprise or two on H/J - new apps, maybe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)