Hopper No Sat Signal Error 530

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
My Hopper completely lost the signal and won't even recognize the switch. I thought the Solo node went bad so I replaced that. Then the LNB. Then the cable. I checked the voltage at the cable where it enters the Solo. I have 20 VDC. So the Hopper is putting out power, the cable is good. LNB and Node were changed.
I tried a red button reset, unplug for 5 minutes. Tried a reboot and check switch with the cable disconnected. When I do the check switch test it does not go past 1 and then gives the Warning 530. The Solo Node does not even show up.

It is just not reading what is at the dish end of the cable.

My wife is on the warpath with no TV. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same issue where at least 3 times a week I either get a 530 while watching live tv or shows that are being recorded will get cut off due to lost signal issue. I change the channel and I get tv back, if I run a check switch there are no errors. My install is only 6 months old, all brand new equipment, wires and dish, very upsetting and wife is on warpath here as well. Want to troubleshoot it myself as the install was a joke with the guys they sent so not going that route.

That sounds like a bad cable,connection, switch or LNB.
Dish sent you one of the best technicians they have. All of them I have dealt with would not be qualified to work at McDonalds.
What corrected my problem was I found out you need to unplug the Hopper before each check switch test. Even though I was doing a new check switch test it would show 530 error.

For my issue, that is on the plan today to check all connections and cables. Last time I did a check switch I had performed it prior to plug pull then again after plug pull and both times it was ok. Its electronics so I am guessing I could have a flakey switch. I know in older tuners you wanted the signal strength as high as you can get it is that not the case anymore when I check I'm barely half way across the screen... I am going to take a wild guess the "experts" that set it up just didn't care how accurately the dish was pointed...

I am having same problem error code 530 error code 833 error code 0 1 5 a error code 11-11-11 and error code 11-12-11. I've been out of service for 4 days now customer service keeps telling me it's the weather but I am getting a switch connection error when I run the tests call Dish and call them and I keep getting the same response I finally told them they either send a technician out here or I'm going to burn the equipment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts