Hopper or 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rstaples312

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Kentucky
I currently have a Dish 722 receiver and love it. However, there are times when I need to record more than three programs at once two from Satellite and 1 off air. I spoke with my local Dish retailer and he said I could achieve most of what I needed by switching from the Dish 722 to the 722k. This would allow me to record 4 programs at once instead of the three I am limited to now. He said I could record two simultaneous programs on the Satellite tuner plus two on the off-air local antenna. He said it would also save me money on my monthly fees as the Hopper plus Joey combo are more per month.
What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Richard

That is true. Also keep in mind that Hopper currently has no OTA capabilities (there will be a single-tuner OTA adapter released "soon.") Hopper has 3 sat tuners though.

If you just have 1 722 currently, then your only receiver fees should be the $6 DVR fee. If you have a TV2 hooked to the 722K the upgrade to the Hopper will cost more. For 1 Hopper there is a $6 DVR fee + $4 "Whole-Home" fee (I like to call it the "because we can" fee. Makes more sense.) If you need TV2 functionality for Hopper then you will need a Joey, which is another $7 a month.

Might want to contact DIRT to find out the fees just for upgrading your receivers. Could be $0, could be $100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts