Hopper phone connection

No, that is for Ethernet. Although not supported for hoppers, if you have two of those you can still get internet on Hopper without worrying about wireless. I also used the Sling Links on my PlayStation, and on a tv that didn't have wireless but did have a Netflix app.

No, that is for Ethernet. Although not supported for hoppers, if you have two of those you can still get internet on Hopper without worrying about wireless. I also used the Sling Links on my PlayStation, and on a tv that didn't have wireless but did have a Netflix app.
Ah, ok. I see. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I am doing fine in the internet department. Just need a phone signal to display caller ID on my screen:(

It may be so rare that we may not be able to find any of them anymore. That sucks. I cannot even find literature on them. I wonder if DIRT can pop in and let us know if there is anything even being shown on their side, whether it is supported by hopper or not. I miss their tools soooo much.

Is this the one you are referring to: https://www.mydish.com/support/internet-devices-powerline-connector

It does not appear it is compatible with the Hopper (at least from what I gathered from reading the short blurb). I have the same problem as ekilgus.
It's beginning to look like if I want a phone connection for the HWS I'm going to be forced to run a phone line through the walls. An annoying problem because I built the house with 9 foot ceilings which means the wall studs have a horizontal stud around mid point that will need to be drilled through.

In any event, it would be nice if someone from DIRT could chime in and confirm if that powerline phone connector is or is not Hopper compatible.

Is this the one you are referring to: https://www.mydish.com/support/internet-devices-powerline-connector

It does not appear it is compatible with the Hopper (at least from what I gathered from reading the short blurb). I have the same problem as ekilgus.
It's beginning to look like if I want a phone connection for the HWS I'm going to be forced to run a phone line through the walls. An annoying problem because I built the house with 9 foot ceilings which means the wall studs have a horizontal stud around mid point that will need to be drilled through.

In any event, it would be nice if someone from DIRT could chime in and confirm if that powerline phone connector is or is not Hopper compatible.

Is there a phone jack on the other side of the wall in the next room?

Why not do the simple thing and use two unused Ethernet wires for your phone connection? Easier than running phone lines, although I must admit I ran the phone lines to be simple and obvious to any future buyer. Of course, by the time we sell the buyers won't know what land lines are. Or were.

Hah, that would be too easy. Of course not.
Presume you don't have a basement. The way I have installed phone wall jacks before when in your predicament was not pretty or easy but it worked. If there is wall phone jack in the room next to the wall where you want the wall phone jack you can use it. Drill a small hole in the sheetrock right underneath the phone jack just above the floor baseboard. Pull the cover off the phone jack and drill an opening in the bottom of the utility box if needed and snake the phone wire thru the sheetrock hole to the phone jack. Do a neat wire stable job along the floor baseboard or hide the wire along the carpet if you have that to the wall where you want the new phone jack. Again drill a small hole just right above the baseboard. Make a new opening in the wall for a new phone jack. Now from the new opening drill a hole in the wall where your Hopper is and then modify the hole for a new phone jack. Snake the phone wire up to the two new holes in the wall and install the two new phone jacks. You will now have an additional phone jack the room you started the work in and a new phone jack in the room by your Hopper.

The best way might be is to use the additional wires in your Cat cable if you can that has been previously suggested. The method I am suggesting is another way you to go if you have a phone jack in the room next to the wall where you want the phone jack for your Hopper. I have used this method several times in homes I have lived in. Again, it is not pretty but it might be easier to deal with than a wall with fire blocks in it like you have. If you need more details on this method, PM or you can call me if you wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)