Hopper Plus Losing Connection to Hopper

pmjones

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2022
Seattle
Help! Since the 325 update, this happens once an hour. A few seconds and it comes back. Annoying as heck. Anything I can do about this? Pictures attached.
06F0BB10-ECB8-452C-9A55-7ADB755B9941.jpeg

Attachments

• 2572452E-FBDD-4498-9EBF-9B6E1EE90F7E.jpeg
    2572452E-FBDD-4498-9EBF-9B6E1EE90F7E.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 112
Help! Since the 325 update, this happens once an hour. A few seconds and it comes back. Annoying as heck. Anything I can do about this? Pictures attached. View attachment 158863
I would tell you to take the hopper plus out and pretend it doesn’t even exist but somebody would probably get upset if I did.

It seems quite obvious that Dish Network made a huge mistake sending these out with so many problems. Every one of the technicians in our office is complaining about the same things.. And the technician portal on dish’s website that they maintain for us, there are the same complaints. This is an epic mistake.A huge disaster.

This is one time that Dish and their policy of using customers and technicians as beta testers are backfiring and it’s going to cost a lot of people a lot of money

Last edited:
It is really ironic that DISH wanted to add the Hopper plus as a way to integrate apps into the same interface with DISH and you can get those same apps on any fire stick or roku. They work reliably too. But I went through this same kind of "beta testing" with the Webtv/ Dishplayer 7100 model.

It worked fine at first and it was cool , but then there was a dispute with Microsoft & DISH and then it became nothing but a problem. I would end up sending it in for a replacement, but they wanted $15.00 every time I replaced one and I just went ahead and got a cheap 301 instead. I used it with my Vcr back then to record certain shows. Seems like anytime new tech comes out, this seems to be the pattern with DISH receivers.

Thanks all. Yep I’m on the usb 3.0 - I’m wondering about giving up on the plus. I was one of the first to get it but at 130/month, I feel like this thing should work. When it does work, it’s pretty cool having everything in one box.

I wonder how much Dish would charge me to go back to a regular Hopper Joey arrangement.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks all. Yep I’m on the usb 3.0 - I’m wondering about giving up on the plus. I was one of the first to get it but at 130/month, I feel like this thing should work. When it does work, it’s pretty cool having everything in one box.

I wonder how much Dish would charge me to go back to a regular Hopper Joey arrangement.
Just unhook it and wait to see if they release an upgrade later on that fixes things. $130/mo???? The Hopper Plus itself doesn't add anything to your monthly bill.

Yeah the 130 is the whole package. I guess I’m saying that we pay a lot for all of it and having it cut out once an hour feels like a cheat.

Would the Joey 4s work if I pulled the plus?

Yeah the 130 is the whole package. I guess I’m saying that we pay a lot for all of it and having it cut out once an hour feels like a cheat.

Would the Joey 4s work if I pulled the plus?
Your Hopper 3 and Joey 4s will work if you unplug the Hopper Plus. This is exactly what I've done.

Reactions: HipKat
My tech used the back upper 2.0 USB port when he installed the H+. It worked pretty good other than the slow remote actions and black screen issues. It was the Joey 4s that gives me more issues. Most of them I have to re-boot to get a picture. When I re-connect the H3+ plus someday going to use the lower back 3.0 USB port.

Can someone tell me what settings will get me back to regular Hopper without the plus?

No charge, just take it out. You can wait 10 minutes for the Hopper to reboot, and then reboot the Joeys or hold the black power button on the front panel of the Hopper as you remove it so it reboots and reboot the Joeys

I would tell you to take the hopper plus out and pretend it doesn’t even exist but somebody would probably get upset if I did.

It seems quite obvious that Dish Network made a huge mistake sending these out with so many problems. Every one of the technicians in our office is complaining about the same things.. And the technician portal on dish’s website that they maintain for us, there are the same complaints. This is an epic mistake.A huge disaster.

This is one time that Dish and their policy of using customers and technicians as beta testers are backfiring and it’s going to cost a lot of people a lot of money
At first when I said NO, I was upset. Now, I am so glad that I said No. Everything is Stream, Stream, and More Streaming. Now, Dish should take this as a Major Loss, and maybe consider to getting the Hopper 4

Why doesn’t the Hopper 3 restart at its assigned time? (3AM is my setting) I get this message when I turn the tv on for the first time. Does not happen all the time but happens often enough..If I do nothing the Hopper restarts but the software did not update. Still at H325/P107. The inactivity timer is set for 4 hours. Should I change this? This is a Hopper 3 with a Hopper Plus attached. Anyone else seeing this?

Attachments

• D160F6A7-F11A-41C2-81EB-3BAD9F5C1AC4.jpeg
    D160F6A7-F11A-41C2-81EB-3BAD9F5C1AC4.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 90