Hopper Plus vs Smart TV for Streaming

No and even so, one has nothing to do with the other
One of my main reasons for asking that question, was when I did go from the Hopper Plus to the Smart TV for Streaming, and back to the Hopper Plus, the TV screen turned Purple and the Plus was disabled. I had to unplug the Plus, then plug it back in. It did power back up, but it was really strange. Oh BTW, I did get the Joey 4 installed in my living Room. Replacing the 4K Joey. I showed the wife, and she really seemed unfazed by it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If I would want to just have the Hopper Plus for streaming, is there a way to disable my streaming capabilities for my Smart TV?
Go into the settings for your smart TV and tell it that you are not connected to a network. Or give it a non-existent network name (SSID) so that any connection fails. Or tell it that you have a wired ethernet connection but do not connect anything to the ethernet port. The TV is not smart and you're not gonna do any streaming from it if it's not connected to any network. It would then be effectively dumb.

Go into the settings for your smart TV and tell it that you are not connected to a network. Or give it a non-existent network name (SSID) so that any connection fails. Or tell it that you have a wired ethernet connection but do not connect anything to the ethernet port. The TV is not smart and you're not gonna do any streaming from it if it's not connected to any network. It would then be effectively dumb.
Thanks.