Hopper problem random lockups, slowness, network issues

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
I have a 2H/2J setup. My main Hopper has been acting weird the last few weeks. It started doing things slower than normal (opening DVR, guide, starting shows). Now it has locked up (freezes images on screen) a few times, It can see the other Hopper's recording, but not play them (it just resets to what I am watching on live tv), and I had one tv show record and it played a different show every time I selected it (guess it actually recorded the wrong show). I have had a Joey not be able to connect to it as well, but can the other Hopper, then it can see the main Hopper, but not play the show like the other. Even did a full unplug and it did not fix it. It works fine for a few, then starts acting up again. Hard to duplicate issues. Bad unit? Any suggestions?

Im not at home, but I am 99% sure it is S213, because I was able to view shows on the other Hopper before now, like last week.

Hopper and Joey's Issues

I have been having the same problems with my 2 hoppers 3 joeys since the latest software update. I hope they either roll back the software or come up with a fix very soon because they went from great products to almost unusable over night.

It does seem to be worse on my main hopper but I have seen issues with all my joeys they are very sluggish and lose the link to the hopper several times a day now and the picture freezes on all my boxes several times a day now.

I hope they either have a fix soon or just roll back the software until the issues are resolved.
i wouldn't make any assumptions. Report all your issues along with your account number to someone on the DIRT team so that it gets sent to engineering.

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your account or phone number.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

Okay, I think this Hopper is having issues. I still have the above issues, but now I am having to reset it everyday to see the other Hopper. The other Hopper can see this one before I do this, but if you select a show, it just goes back to live tv. Can a DIRT team member PM me to get this replaced. No one is one at the time of this post. If not I will PM one when they are on.

If a DIRT team sees this, MattG is helping me. Turns out I had both Hoppers plugged into internet via Ethernet. Hopefully it solves all the problems and not just the networking. Will keep an eye on it and see what happens. Thanks Matt!!

I have disconnected both Hoppers from the Internet and am still having daily problems connecting. Two or three reboots a day....