Hopper Questions for New Customer

usersrdum

Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I searched and found different results on:
Can 2 Hoppers w/sling see each others DVR recordings?
I know this was an issue but has it been fixed?
Also can the Joey see both Hoppers DVR recordings?

Coming from DTV I don't want to loss my 6 tuners. This would be a deal breaker. Thanks for reply's

The two Hoppers can see DVR recordings of each one, not an issue at all. Each Hopper can only see the tuners in the individual Hopper not the other one. Joeys can look at each Hopper, all DVR recordings on each Hopper and also all the tuners of both Hoppers but they have to connect to one or the other. You can simply change which Hopper the Joey is looking at with the remote.....

Thanks for the quick response. So on the Joey is it as simple as pressing a button to switch hoppers?

Also to be clear, here is a scenario:
Hopper1 records "show1"
Hopper2 wants to watch "show1" - When I hit the DVR button on Hopper2 is "show1" listed with other recordings already on hopper2? Or do I need to switch to other hopper like Joey does?

The installer will name each Hopper. In my case 1 is Living Room and the other is Office. Simple as press DVR button on H2, arrow up to "My Recordings, arrow over to the name of the Hopper you are at. Press Select and arrow down to the name of the other Hopper and select that. You now have access to all recorded programs on the internal HD of that Hopper. Currently you cannot access the other Hopper's ehd. Since each Joey is paired with a Hopper, the same procedure works to access the unpaired Hopper.

Here's an example.
DVR-list.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)