Hopper reboots when turnin on 4K Joey. Sometimes?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
If my wife is watching something on the Hopper. I go into the Bedroom and when I hit the power button on my Joey. The Hopper restarts. Causes the shows being recorded to have two parts or events. She will yell, as wife's do. Whats going on? Also what's weird is the Joey keeps working while the hopper reboots? I can't tell it's happening except for the yelling? Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot or has this happened to anyone else? The Hopper thing I mean. ;)

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
If my wife is watching something on the Hopper. I go into the Bedroom and when I hit the power button on my Joey. The Hopper restarts. Causes the shows being recorded to have two parts or events. She will yell, as wife's do. Whats going on? Also what's weird is the Joey keeps working while the hopper reboots? I can't tell it's happening except for the yelling? Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot or has this happened to anyone else? The Hopper thing I mean. ;)
Hey there! We can understand how something like this can be upsetting. Does resetting both the Hopper and the Joey at the same time help?

Since the Joey is a client to the Hopper there is no way it could keep working while the Hopper reboots. This makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Since the Joey is a client to the Hopper there is no way it could keep working while the Hopper reboots. This makes no sense.
I wonder if budda is sure that the Hopper is actually doing a full reboot. If it is simply a "refresh" ("Please wait. Refresh in progress." message in the lower-right corner of the screen) then it could have the same effect as a reboot (interrupting live viewing, erasing the buffer, and splitting recordings) on the Hopper, while the Joey may keep working just fine in the background while the Hopper "refreshes."

Follow up. So Dish asked to come out. Got an email. It said we notice you may be having the viewing issues or something to that affect. So the tech comes out. I told him I had my Hopper 3 replaced about two months ago for the same reason. the first tech guessed and tried the Hopper. He also said he tweaked the signal. Had more issues after he left this guy was pretty good. He added struts on the dish nailed in the signal. Which is higher than it has ever been. He said the dish flexed a lot? I had issues with rain and wind fade quite a bit actually. He said that's why. Anyway about a week and a half or so. So far no issues. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)