Hopper Receiver fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
My 12 month courtesy discount of $15 per month has expired so I requested it be renewed and received an offer to for a 2 year price lock on my AT 200 programming fee at $74.99 with an additional 2 year commitment (which I don't mind), but It looks like they are also trying to add a $10.00 Hopper fee to my bill which wipes out most of the savings I would get.

Has anyone else seen this offer.

Is this a new fee Dish is trying to impose for your first receiver?

My 12 month courtesy discount of $15 per month has expired so I requested it be renewed and received an offer to for a 2 year price lock on my AT 200 programming fee at $74.99 with an additional 2 year commitment (which I don't mind), but It looks like they are also trying to add a $10.00 Hopper fee to my bill which wipes out most of the savings I would get.

Has anyone else seen this offer.

Is this a new fee Dish is trying to impose for your first receiver?

Not new. Standard DVR/Hopper fee is $15.

$10 is the discounted rate. Available on AT120 and above, IIRC.

I pay the full $15 since I have Welcome Pack, which is not eligible for the $10 discounted price

Is that the Hopper DVR Service Fee. The wording is slightly different, it just says Hopper, Hopper/Sling Hopper3 fee $10. The Hopper DVR Service has been $15 in my bill.

Untitled.png

Got the straight word from DIRT.

The Preferred Customer Offer is $15 off AT120 and up (includes 4 Latino packages) and $5 off the Hopper DVR Fee plus a 2 year price lock on programming.

All I had to do was agree to a 24 month commitment with Dish (been a Dish customer since 2003).

Not sure who is eligible, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Since we just upgraded to the H3 in December the 2 year commitment really only moved the goal post 5 months and saves me more than $500 over the next 2 years.

The Preferred Customer Offer is $15 off AT120 and up (includes 4 Latino packages) and $5 off the Hopper DVR Fee plus a 2 year price lock on programming.

All I had to do was agree to a 24 month commitment with Dish (been a Dish customer since 2003).

Not sure who is eligible, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I got the Preferred Customer Offer (back when it was still called the Renewal Offer) on Flex Pack in 2016. I will have to see if Dish is still offering anything like that when my contract expires in October. If not, there is always Welcome Pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)