Hopper recording shows there are no timers for

Dacar92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
chicago
Hi, suddenly last night there were many shows being recorded in my Daily Schedule that I have never set timers for. It seems to be limited to two different channels, WGN 9 and WCIU 26, both local channels in Chicago. This DVR does not have Prime Time turned on (plus those aren't included in PT anyway). I unplugged the DVR and restarted it. The shows are still in the Daily Schedule but maybe they will disappear during an overnight update. Any ideas how to stop this behavior? I can go through the daily schedule to delete them but it would take a long time there are so many. It seems to go out only a few days so far.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Nothing happens when I press info at the Daily Schedule or at a show that is being recorded that's not supposed to be recorded. These shows seem to have made themselves top priority since the shows I want to record are crossed out in the schedule.

The shows I deleted last night that were recording on Sunday were back this morning. But nothing for today or Monday. Weird issue. I wonder what causes it?

I found that a corrupt timer was triggering the recording of every channel for hours at a time.

Press DVR then hit the Red button and go to the Daily Schedule. Highlight one of the spurious scheduled recordings, press Select, then Edit Timer. You will see which timer is causing the recording. Go to your list of timers and delete that timer. You may see that some of the fields in that timer screen are blank. If recording is going on, you'll be given the opportunity to cancel all of the recordings in process.

Once things are working again, you can recreate the timer.

This solved my problems! I was lucky because the corrupt timer was way down the priority list, so I only missed few good recordings.

I just had this happen the past few days too deleting the offending timer seems to have worked. Joey seems real temperamental, slow sluggish response and erratic trick play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)