Hopper Remote "Special" Key Combinations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I used that procedure early this morning to force my Wally to take the latest software download. Since then, it does not seem to have the problem that I had previously with the Wally automatically turning itself back on after the Daily Reset.
Did you have to re-activate?

Did you have to re-activate?
No. Since the receiver is already activated, it skips that step and goes straight to the software download. Do keep in mind that doing this procedure will erase any custom Settings, so you would have to go back through the Menu to reset everything the way you want it afterward. DVR timers will not be lost, though.

No. Since the receiver is already activated, it skips that step and goes straight to the software download. Do keep in mind that doing this procedure will erase any custom Settings, so you would have to go back through the Menu to reset everything the way you want it afterward. DVR timers will not be lost, though.
Thanks. This is good info to try as a last resort to fix things.

I wonder if some of the Hoppers that are having strange issues if something went wrong during the installation download.

Nah. It just downloads the current software that's in the stream. When a new version comes along then that's replaced. Along the way I've had a few of those Hoppers that were having 'strange problems' and I've tried the whole bag of tricks including this one and it made no difference.

It's just a fact that every Hopper has it's own individual personality and it's own quirks. :)

Nah. It just downloads the current software that's in the stream. When a new version comes along then that's replaced. Along the way I've had a few of those Hoppers that were having 'strange problems' and I've tried the whole bag of tricks including this one and it made no difference.

It's just a fact that every Hopper has it's own individual personality and it's own quirks. :)
I think some Hoppers have ghost! :eek:

Here is a couple of PDF files I made a while back to help me with the 54.0 and 50.0 remotes if someone wants to use them.
That button guide should be in a pinned thread for easy access/reference. And maybe one for the 52 although as far as i know its the same minus voice input.(and layout)

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

@ JSheridan...You are correct. Skip back, Recall, Skip back. Used when the Hopper is stuck on the DL screen too long. This happens sometimes when activation is sent but hasn't kicked in for one reason or another. You are then able to access the menu and do a check switch to ensure the configuration is correct.

Haven't posted in a looking time and the white button didnt seem to work for me

Reactions: charlesrshell