Hopper RF remote stops working

kevinsickles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Approximately once a week my hopper RF remote stops working. A reboot of the hopper fixes the issue. Both an infrared remote and the Dish Anywhere app remote continue to work.

I initially thought it was the hopper freezing but accidentally discovered the other remotes still worked and the hopper was fine, it was only the RF remote that was unresponsive.

Do the front panel buttons of the receiver work when this happen? Have you tried reseating the UHF antenna on the Hopper and put new batteries in the remote? Does the SAT light come on the remote when this happens?

Do the front panel buttons of the receiver work when this happen? Have you tried reseating the UHF antenna on the Hopper and put new batteries in the remote? Does the SAT light come on the remote when this happens?

The front panel buttons work, The sat light comes on the remote and has fresh batteries. I will try reseating the antenna

The front panel buttons work, The sat light comes on the remote and has fresh batteries. I will try reseating the antenna
Unlink the remote take it to another location and link it with a Joey if you have a joey and do the same with the Joey remote link that one to the hopper and see if it does the same. Make sure to unlink it from the other receiver. If it messes up while linked to a joey probably the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts